Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2002 9:04:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, my Glocks in that range. I bought it because it was supposed to be trouble free, hope this is a rumor. Well I guess that I can't complain with a few thousand rounds shot without cleaning it and not one jam.

Thanks for the heads up Aimless.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:02:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an ERX......so am I ok or not? LOL. Why is it that a certain gun is always 100% until I buy one of the damn things?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:17:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Plastic breaking? oh my god...cherish the thought. I'll stick to metal weapons thank you.

I'll have to let my buddy know though... he's a fan of those plastic types. THanks for the info!
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Ever wonder why we are on the third generation of Glock "Perfection"
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmmm, my Glocks in that range. I hope this is a rumor.

RJ - no rumor. I called the other day. My 30 goes back. Packing it up now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#7]
hum?
no problem w/ ANY of the G18's?
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Aimless,

My pistol is a Glock 22 with a serial # starting with ERX. So are you saying that the only G22 models affected by the recall are those with EVC7 numbers? I apologize if I seem dumb, but my Glock is what I am using now as my primary carry gun. This news is just a bit unsettling to me. Thanks for any help and thanks for posting this here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ever wonder why we are on the third generation of Glock "Perfection"

i always thought some of the gen upgrades were becouse of demand by end users such as the finger grooves and the  rail for attaching lights/lasers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#11]
It is the rear rails not the plastic. Has to do with Long or Short rails. My gun is in the recall. Go to Glocktalk and read the forum. Glock also said even if the thing breaks it wikk still work.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 6:21:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone else contacted Glock about this issue?

I called the number previously provided by Aimless.  The CS rep I spoke with noted that a model I had is affected.  However, she said I do not need to send it back unless one of the rails break.  According to her, the problem manifests in about 1 of 25,000 affected models, and they fired 3000 rounds through one even after a rail broke.

Lots of conflicting information.  Users on GlockTalk are mixed in the responses they received.  Some have been told to return, others to keep and return only if it breaks.

Does anyone else care to share their CS experience or instructions?
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#13]
        glocKBOOM!!!!!!

You better were your kevlar shooting gloves with those things.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Glock also said even if the thing breaks it wikk still work.

Famous last words.....
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, if I am reading this correctly, the Glock pistol will continue to function even after this particular breakage occurs? Hell, if that's the case, I don't see it as that much of a problem.

But is that the case? In the initial post, I took it that such a breakage would make the firearm inoperable? Which is it? If this is something that happens only with 1 of 25,000 pistols in the affected serial # range, does not prevent the gun from functioning when it does happen, and will be replaced by Glock if it breaks, then I don't see this as much of an issue. I assume this is correct because I don't think Glock would allow thousands of pistols to remain on the market if said guns could cost the operator's their lives. Glock always has had outstanding service. I think they would replace any faulty parts if it was a really serious concern. They always have done so in the past.

But again, what is the actual info from Glock? If they say that my gun will work, then I don't feel I need to send it back for a replacement frame. But if this thing poses a danger of breaking and I would not being able to fire it afterward, then that makes me uncomfy. One has to trust the gun they carry for the purpose of keeping them alive. My confidence has been shaken a bit by this, but not entirely destroyed. So what are the final recommendations?

Link Posted: 10/16/2002 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like a perfect time to smugly say I'm glad I bought my H&Ks!!!  >gg<
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I've seen a NIB full-size Glock (can't remember the caliber) at a dealer with a cracked dust cover.  I strongly doubt that one would have functioned.

But Glocks don't have problems...
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I must have the older glock 30.
The serial number begins with "C".
I bought it 3 or 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#19]
My 19 is so old that it starts with ZM.

maybe they should have left well enough alone and kept the first gen design...

Ray
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top