Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2002 10:04:18 AM EDT
I was thinking about the AWB going away and this question came to mind.
If the ban sunsets, would Colt ever start marking their rifles AR15, AR15-A2, A3 etc... again ??   The reason I was thinking about this is if they don't, the prebans that have that marking will keep their value even if the ban sunsets.
All the other AR brands and the sporter/match target by Colt would probably be valued no more than a new postban/no-ban rifle.
Any thoughts ??
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably not because a lot of states have outlawed the sale of an ar-15, and those laws won't go away, so Colt will stay with the new naming thing if they want to sell in those states.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#2]
SO, I should stock up on "Match Target Sporter" rifles? (Since they are going to be the rare ones now?

mjp
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the Match/Target name is here to stay....sounds much less evil than AR-15.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 1:56:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Spectre,

NO..!! i do not belive there will ever be another rifle named "AR-15", that name has been too stigmatized, i also do not belive that bayo lugs & FH's will ever become a part of production guns, the laws concerning "SAWs" have scared the mfgrs. to the point that they will continue to make them as they are made now.....

any one who owns a REAL AR-15 will be the only ones who will ever have an AR-15

ooooh...!!! BTW !!!!!
if anyone wants to know if they own a REAL AR-15, just look at the name..., if it actually in print reads "AR-15" then you have an "AR-15"......, if it don't read "AR-15" it's just a cheap look-a-like
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#5]
If the ban lapses and Colt will not make them somebody will and it would not really matter you could put any upper on your lowers. Who cares what says on the rifle… except Colt owners of course who love flash over substance.
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Whats in a Name?
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Spectre,

NO..!! i do not belive there will ever be another rifle named "AR-15", that name has been too stigmatized, i also do not belive that bayo lugs & FH's will ever become a part of production guns, the laws concerning "SAWs" have scared the mfgrs. to the point that they will continue to make them as they are made now.....

any one who owns a REAL AR-15 will be the only ones who will ever have an AR-15

ooooh...!!! BTW !!!!!
if anyone wants to know if they own a REAL AR-15, just look at the name..., if it actually in print reads "AR-15" then you have an "AR-15"......, if it don't read "AR-15" it's just a cheap look-a-like

So you mean Armalite right?

Bob
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#8]
i do not know........! i do not own an armalite, so i have no idea what is stamped on it's side.......!! is "AR-15" stamped in the side of an armalite ?????

i belive Colt does, but not certain if any other mfgr. stamps "AR-15" on the side..., can you verify ?????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top