Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2002 12:20:02 PM EDT
Yeah, back in the 80's there was a "ballistic knife" that sold for around $70 in several different survival and firearm magazines.

Does anyone have some pictures of one they could post ?  

Thanks, Tim
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Already have those =)

I was looking for better pictures than those.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#3]
An ex co-worker told me he saw them at a gun show.  The seller was selling them without a spring, because it was illegal with one.  Funny thing, a guy a couple of tables down just happened to be selling  springs among other things.  Of course, they look like they'd fit, but the guy at the table wouldn't confirm it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The spring for the knife was just a good ol' buffer spring.

JerrY

Link Posted: 9/27/2002 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Those are illegal?

I have one, they are hmmm, somewhat difficult to control, but they will split a 2x4 easily enough

It was always just a toy for me
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought they were put in the same category as switchblade knives.  Some legislator wasn't too keen on the idea of their existence.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.vampiregerbil.com/ballistic

Is this a copy of the SPETSNAZ ballistic knife or something different?

Not a ballistic knife but, back in the early seventies I remember seeing a catalog of custom made combat knives that held a small canister of tear gas in the handle. The idea that if the person ever got in a situation with another knife wielding opponent, he could improve his chances by blinding the other guy before moving in for the kill. I haven't seen or heard of anything like that since.

Also pretty cool; although at $895.00 (not counting the NFA tax) I think I'll pass.

128.121.188.245/gradproducts/4gradknives.html

Link Posted: 9/28/2002 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I had one of those "Spetsnaz" knives back around 1986 that I paid $80 for. I sold it and have never seen another one. It had a knurled blade cover that screwed over the blade and it would fire the blade around 30 feet. It was a pretty neat conversation piece, but not too practical. I have no idea about the current legality of them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#9]
havent seen a ballistic knife but i want one

dont know about ballistic knifes but i know
"auto knifes" aka switchblades are legal depening on state law. ie here in AZ there ok
and technicaly there legal in Kalifornia if the blade is under 2 inches.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
dont know about ballistic knifes but i know
"auto knifes" aka switchblades are legal depening on state law. ie here in AZ there ok
and technicaly there legal in Kalifornia if the blade is under 2 inches.

The low-down on switchblade laws.
pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/sta-law.htm
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
...... I have no idea about the current legality of them.

They are now Hard-core Illegal under Federal Legislation, kind of fall into the same taboo category of plastic guns, pistol cal. AP ammo ect. You know the kinda stuff congress gets black mailed into banning because it is too easy to demonize any opponent of these "Evil" items in political ads.

JerrY
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
What if you miss?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top