Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2002 10:25:48 AM EDT
I have an M600-style light on my AR-15.  It is in the M-10 mount.  It's basically a 1" Weaver Ring.  When shooting the other day, the recoil pushed the light forwrad. It was as tight as it goes.  

I considered putting non-slip style tape around the light so that it would adhere to the ring better (I've also gotten a second-ring from Surefire, to see if that will fix the problem.

Anyone have experience with this?

What is this mount supposed to look like when installed (from both sides)?

Does anyone have tape experience/recommendations with other devices subject to recoil, like scopes and rings?
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the KAC 1" flashlight ring.  Much better retention, the M10 is a piece of crap.  www.mstn.biz is a good place to find one.

Don't mean to insult your intelligence, but make sure the M10 is properly 'locked' with the top half of the ring around the flashlight and caught on the hanger on the bottom half (base with the thumbscrew) of the ring before you tighten the two screws connecting the two halfs.

I say this, because one time I tightened the ring without the top properly latched onto the base.  The flashlight did not move, that is until I went shooting...  The damn thing almost flew off down range!
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  That didn't seem to be the problem.  Any thoughts on the tape?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top