Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2002 6:32:45 AM EDT
I will be in Little Rock, AR next week for work.  I always like to stop by and see what the gun stores are like in diff. states.  Any recomendations?

TIA,

G45
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, can't help too much with the gun shop request but do yourself a favor & eat at Andre's...you can thank me later!  There were two locations last time I was in LR...the one off of Kavanaugh St. in the Heights is my favorite.

Link Posted: 9/5/2002 6:49:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Eat at Andre's, got it.  Any other tips?

Thanks,

G45
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 8:23:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Well....after dinner at Andre's walk across the street & have coffee/dessert at Cafe D'Roma.

Preferably with someone.

If you'd rather have steak, visit The Butcher Shop where you can cook your own steak if you like...kinda different.

If you have the time, the trip up to Hot Springs is worth it.

www.littlerock.com/

Sorry, no gun related links on that site!

Link Posted: 9/5/2002 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to get out to Little Rock with my N. Guard pistol team for the W.P.Wilson Matches at Camp Robinson. I can't speak about gunstores, but there used to be an eating place down by the river called "Andersons Cajun Wharf" that was really good.

The last time I was there was 12-13 years ago so who knows it it's still there. Plus there are/were after hours clubs operate 'til the wee hours.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 4:19:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I guess I will be well fed!  Any suggestions for entertainment?  Clubs?  etc.

TIA

G45
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 6:40:04 AM EDT
[#6]
glock,

Let me wholeheartedly recommend a restruant.  It is called Regis'.  Its been a year since I have eaten there, but they have the best prime rib in the world.  The service is unbelievable, and the prices are very reasonable.  Look it up in the yellow pages or ask the clerk at your hotel - They will know how to get there.

As for entertainment, may I suggest Juanitas on Monday nights for a live blues jam, or any other night of the week they have reputable bands there.  Hope this helps.

Jarhead
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#7]
  I was born and raised about 70 miles south of Little Rock in a town called Fordyce. There is a very interesting gunshop just south of Sheridan. The shop is in same building with convience store and feed store. The entire building has old rustic country store look (dark,rough, unfinished wood). I think the name of it is "Gibb's". He specializes in black powder firearms and archery equipment with lots of accessories for both. He did have some really nice Sharp's rifles.
  You take highway 167 south out of Little Rock. Sheridan is about 35 miles or so.(half way to Fordyce!}
  While you're in Little Rock, check out the west side. That's were all the developement is. Also, don't forget the downtown river walk area. Lots of neat shops and stuff to see and do.
  Look Out Mountain in Pinnacle State Park (west side} is very nice. It overlooks Arkansas River.
  Oh, I know there are several good gunshops in Little Rock, but it's been so long ago and back then {shame on me} my life was too complicated to really pursue this addictive hobby like I'm doing now. In fact, I think I've been trying to make up for lost time!
  Anyway, I've my mother loves going to Little Rock so I'm sure I could get help from her about most other info.
 Take care.
 slider

GO RAZORBACKS!!!!              
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 6:46:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well I guess I will be well fed!  Any suggestions for entertainment?  Clubs?  etc.

TIA

G45

Sorry, I didn't partake in the club scene there.  I vaguely remember some huge Country-Western club there called Billy Bob's...I think.  I may be getting it confused with some other club but it was outside of the city limits of LR...about 2-3 miles outside of the city limits.  

The words Meat Market seem to describe it well.

btw, Cajun's Wharf had live entertainment on Friday/Saturday nights...& a dance floor.  The food was always good.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 6:51:05 AM EDT
[#9]
We used to make regular jaunts up & down Pinnacle.  It takes about 20-30 mins at a slow pace.  My father-in-law could run up & down it in about 10mins...but he is an accomplished mountaineer & marathon man.  He lacks 8 states before he will have run a 26mile marathon in every state of the union.

Pretty cool & he is in his late 50s.

Not a damn ounce of fat on his body & his legs are like steel.

Link Posted: 9/6/2002 8:26:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all advice, I will have a lot to do for sure.  I will try to take a trip to the hills to do some running.  Thanks for all the help!

G45
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#11]
dons weaponry in north little rock, it is on
broadway. class 3 weapons reloading supplies,
and just about any other type of firearms.
they just rebuilt and expanded the shop. they
also have an indoor range. it is a real nice
place. don hill is the owner.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
dons weaponry in north little rock,.... they
also have an indoor range. it is a real nice
place. don hill is the owner.

Indoor range is great!  Now I can keep the skills up.  I just got to figure out how I can expense range time and rental. ;)
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Hope you haven't left already, I second the motion for a trip to Don's Weaponry, just get off of the interstate in North Little Rock onto Broadway and go east.  Lots of neat NFA stuff and nice folks to deal with.  There used to be another shop on 65th street in the southeast part of town, I think it was called the 65th Street Gun Exchange (?).  Now, about all the restaurant advice you've been getting:

I lived in Little Rock for 4 years while going to pharmacy school. I am obese and consider food to be a sacrament, so hear me good! SCREW ALL THE FANCY_SCHMANCY CHAIN STYLE RESTAURANTS!!!!

The ONLY place you need to eat at is the Oyster Bar on Markham street (just east of the VA hospital and the University of Arkansas Medical Center on Markham).  It is a rathole, they even encourage folks to write on the bathroom walls.  I feel right at home there. Trust me on this one...Coldest beer in town, great shrimp gumbo, catfish poorboy sandwiches..ooooh!  Wait a minute...

(had to stop a minute and have an orgasm)

Fried shrimp, red beans and rice, my gosh I'm getting fatter just typing about it!

Hope you have fun on your trip!

Paul
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top