Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2002 6:20:41 AM EDT

I am thinking of buying this pistol from a friend.  Can anyone tell me anything about when these were made and what they are worth.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one of these as well. Got it used back in the early 80's. It's a neat little gun. Unfortunately I've no idea what it's worth nor when they were made. I do hope of course that it's worth some bucks.. :)
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe what you have there is a post-war Colt Junior. Coltautos.com quotes these at around $175-250 in excellent condition.

I'll quote from the Coltautos.com FAQ

A Colt has recently come into my possession and I was wondering if you could help me determine a value. It is a .25 auto with hammer, wood handles, and holds 7 rounds in the clip. It is in mint condition and probably only shot about 4 or 5 times. It has had one owner and was purchased new about 25 years ago. If you could help me out I would appreciate it.

You have a post-war Colt Junior. There were approx. three variations of this gun made by Colt's (actually, I think the parts were made by Astra for Colt's). In excellent condition, you see them for $175 - $250 (the value will be slightly higher if complete with box and instructions.

Here is a pic of my 1919 Model 1908 .25ACP hammerless that the Junior replaced.

Cheers,
Chris

Link Posted: 9/4/2002 2:23:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Obvious, but important: make sure it has the original mag.  I'm 99% sure all mags for this model - the Junior - looked to be nickel plated (I can't remember if they are marked with "Colt" or the horsie).  You can still find original mags out there
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#4]
My mag is nickel plated...
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I believe what you have there is a post-war Colt Junior. Coltautos.com quotes these at around $175-250 in excellent condition.

I'll quote from the Coltautos.com FAQ

A Colt has recently come into my possession and I was wondering if you could help me determine a value. It is a .25 auto with hammer, wood handles, and holds 7 rounds in the clip. It is in mint condition and probably only shot about 4 or 5 times. It has had one owner and was purchased new about 25 years ago. If you could help me out I would appreciate it.

You have a post-war Colt Junior. There were approx. three variations of this gun made by Colt's (actually, I think the parts were made by Astra for Colt's). In excellent condition, you see them for $175 - $250 (the value will be slightly higher if complete with box and instructions.

Here is a pic of my 1919 Model 1908 .25ACP hammerless that the Junior replaced.

www.ar15.com/members/albums/No4MK1%2FM1908%2Ejpg

Cheers,
Chris

Had one just like it worth about 300.00 or so,sold it to a Vietnamise lady whom owed a liquior store(250.00) and booze.

Good guns with a really high barrel slide(doesn't cut big hands) really wish I hadn't sold it but consider the 25 cal much too tame for self defense. I think a 22lng rifle has better ballistics.

Bob  
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#6]
These were sold by Colt in the U.S. as "Colts". They were made in Spain by Astra. Sold by Astra as the Cub. I had one, nice quality pistol. I replaced it with a Baby Browning.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's a .25 it HAS to be at least half as good as a .50 cal.

TS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top