Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2002 8:43:11 AM EDT
The G17 is my carry gun and want to upgrade the sights so i can see them at night.

Which sights are the best for this purpose?  I would like to install them myself but i don't mind having a full time gunsmith do it.

i have a brownells catalog with a ton of different ones to choose from.

thanks brad
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#1]
'pends on what you want them for.

i have trijicon and meprolight, trijicon on my glock 19 and meprolight on my glock22.

the trijicons are easier to acquire during daylight as they have a white circle surrounding the tritium insert.

personally, the trijicons are a LITTLE better and brighter than the meproklights, but not much, the meprolight are a LOT more affordable, and work very well also.
i would advise buying them  direct and having your gunsmith install them (usually charge about 25.00 or so)  you'll save money that way.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have trijicons on my Glock 22 and like them a lot.  I have tried others guns with the different night sights and would still pay the premiun for the trijicons.  YMMV
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Rem700.  I live in Smryna GA where Glock has their US headquarters.  They allowed me to see both the Meprolight (glock sights) and the Trijicon.  The trijicon was recommended by Glock over their own Mepro set. The Trijicon's are a little brighter and easier to see for quicker acquisition. I went with the Trijicon and have loved them.  By the way, if you are ever in Smryna or Marietta Georgia, you can go by Glock and they will put which ever set you want on for you while you wait.  I was in and out in 15 min and they only charged 55.00 for the sights and installation!
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Trijicons!

www.trijicon-inc.com

-Troy

I second that,  trijicon is the best bar none.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#6]

werd
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I knew somebody was gonna post that old add

I just put a set of MMC adjustables on my G19 and like them alot.....BUT just get the green dots....any other color is WAY harder to make out in the dark.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Take a good look at the Heinie Straight 8's.  I have them on all my Glocks and on my Kimber.  instead of 3 dots, you only have 2.  Just put one on top of the other and you are set...  Might be worthy of a look.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Take a look at glockmeister. They have several different choices and they offer installation. They also offer lots of other services. Good people to deal with. http://glockmeister.com/

Gregg
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I've had my department G17 for 9 years, they came with trijicons and they are still extremely bright at night.  I've also shot many rounds in the night sim and the three dots line up fast.  They are quality.  Also have a set on my personal G26.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top