Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2002 6:13:23 PM EDT
Ok I looked everywhere and couldnt find any other markings except for "Ranger - .22 Long Rifle" . It is a bull barreled bolt action rifle and accepts a detachable single stack magazine forward of the triggerguard. I need to know wtf this is so i can order a magazine for it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
According to R.L. Wilson, Ranger was made by Stevens but it's listed as a slide action or a tube feed, neither of which matches yours.

There's also Ranger Arms in Gainesville, TX.  The listing is for "various calibers" for several grades of rifles.

I know this probably doesn't help much. It could also be some sort of "Sears" or generic mfgr. Take it to a gun show & you might get lucky & find both a mag & someone who knows what it is.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:17:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Wonder if maybe the "bull barrel" has been added ???

Like BobCole says, there was (or maybe still is) a Ranger Arms, Inc., down in Gainesville, Tx.  They made several rifles including .22 LR and .22 Magnum but none show with a bull barrel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
i dont think it is a ranger arms. its a series of rifles called ranger. I think sears may hve sold them. I think it is a brand name instead of the manufacturer. If it helps it doesnt have a serial number.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i dont think it is a ranger arms. its a series of rifles called ranger. I think sears may hve sold them. I think it is a brand name instead of the manufacturer. If it helps it doesnt have a serial number.

Well, "Ranger" was used by Sears on a double barrel shotgun....................

So many manufacturer possibilities.....J. Stevens, Savage Arms, A.H. Fox, N.R. Davis, Crescent Firearms, etc., etc.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I can confirm it's not a Ranger Arms rifle from Gainsville, they only do centerfires on a custom action.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#7]
It’s not Sears.  It’s probably a house brand for a sporting goods or hardware store.  

Anyway, below is cut and paste from Numrich’s Gun Parts Catalog:

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 4:57:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Just a possibility......check the appearance with the mod. 44`s from cmp......savage did make a h-b and in that era there were no serial #`s.....I have a 144 lsb....heavy bbl....basically the same model.....they made for so many company`s...sears..western auto...monkey ward..and a few more.....???...
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Winshester used  'Ranger' on sone oftheior rifles
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top