Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2002 12:32:26 AM EDT
I'm sure there is a good answer for this.  I always see that green tape on M-16's.  It's on the magazine, it's on the butt-stock, it's everywhere.  What is it for?  Where are all the places one uses it on the M-16?

Thanks,
marm0t
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 5:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]
On the stock it holds the top sling adaptor in place (keeps it from sliding off the rear of the stock). On the mag, it holds a paracord loop (poor mans Magpul), and also keeps the mags from rattling against each other in the pouch.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
WOW!  Sorry I never said thanks.  

Thank you!  I appreciate the answer.

marm0t
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Also, if you put a few wraps on the mags and decide you need a foot or so while you're in the field you can just unwrap it and use it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I've often put a stripe of tape on the stock of my M16/SAW or whatever issue weapon, so that I can quickly identify it as MINE, when claiming it from a stack..
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Stock numbers are also put on by tape lotsa times. Done by the arms room
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top