Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2002 6:51:41 AM EDT
This weekend in a moment of weekness I purchased my first pre-ban.  I pretty sure I got a good deal, but I was hoping someone knew the going price.

I bought a green label HBAR.  I was told that it came out of California, which is very possible I bought it in Reno.  It looks like it's hardly been shot.

I got the gun, and ARMS mount, and a nice nylon assult weapons case for $1700 tax included.

Is this about the going rate, or did I happen to get a deal?

Thanks,

Six
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that's about the going rate.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on your purchase!
Let's see a pic!
ENJOY!

Edit:
If it has Colt on it and is preban, at the gun shows around here, prices range from 1699-2200+ and that's
just the AR, no mounts, mags, cases, nothing.

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#3]
If you want to get an idea of the going rate, go to here www.gunsamerica.com and do a search for pre ban AR's.  That'll give you an idea of what's out there and for what.

Edit---

Looks like $1500-2000, rifle only and they're saying 85-98% condition.  I say you got a good deal.

How about this:  Pre ban 'plain Jane' M1A (308) with 5 hicap mags, 1-5rnd, hardcase for $924 ....... best deal I could ever hope for.

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you want to get an idea of the going rate, go to here www.gunsamerica.com and do a search for pre ban AR's.  That'll give you an idea of what's out there and for what.

I think that gunsamerica gives you an indication of the ask side price for a firearm, and I find it to be pretty high usually.  (Example: HK SOCOM for 2200; used Beretta 92FS for 615).  What a gun actually sells for may be a totally different number.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think that gunsamerica gives you an indication of the ask side price for a firearm, and I find it to be pretty high usually.  (Example: HK SOCOM for 2200; used Beretta 92FS for 615).  What a gun actually sells for may be a totally different number.

Yes, the asking price on some of those gunsamerica guns can be on the very high side, especially for used stuff.  Other times there are some really good deals.  I generally try to average the highest and lowest price and use that for my baseline.

Either way, sounds like a good eal on a green lable.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
six, that is about the going rate, and gunsamerica is too high to price things by for me.
just my 2 cents.

glad you got a preban, i have four and want another!

congrats!

colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top