Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2002 4:36:13 PM EDT
Now that I have both supressed and non-suppressed SMGs and regular non-nfa guns I like to shoot a lot, I'm getting REAL tired of cleaning my guns for 3 hours after spending an hour shooting. The suppresed guns get the dirtiest, especially my MP5SD. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a (used maybe) industrial ultrasonic cleaner? I just want to drop the field stripped guns in the tank, and come back in a hour or so, lube em and be done. Am I dreaming? I need a solution that works on both steel and aluminum so the ammonia solutions are out. Plus, I sell aircraft parts, so I can use this for work too. Any ideas would be most appreciated, right now my wife is going to make me sleep on the couch because of the smell of cleaners that won't come off.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The ultrasonic cleaners do work very well.  They sure beat CLP and a couple of free hours to clean weapons.  To find one you might want to try EBay, or maybe GunBroker.  Another source could be DRMO or local municipality auctions.  For new units, you may want to try an automotive tool source.  For whatever reason, similar units tend to be less expensive when they are sold for parts cleaning instead of firearms.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never heard of something like that. How expensive could they get?
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
So far the ones on Ebay seem to have tanks that would be too small for an AR upper. But there are some that would work for SMGs. I'm going to look around some of the surplus guys I know and see what I can find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top