Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2002 4:53:56 PM EDT
I heard that if a person buys more than two handguns at a time from a dealer, the dealer has to fill out a special form.

If this is true, what is this form called? What is its purpose? Who does the dealer send the form to?

Does this apply to all firearms or just handguns?

Thanks HW
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is true. I occasionally will purchase more than one handgun at the same time and the dealer has had to fill out a multiple firearms purchase from. This has actually been in affect for over ten years that I know of for sure.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The FFL dealer has to fill out form ATF F 3310.4, otherwise known as: "Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers" if you have acquired one or more pistols/revolvers at one time during five consecutive business days.

You can see a copy of the form here:

www.atf.treas.gov/forms/pdfs/f33104.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top