Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2002 8:06:02 PM EDT
What are my brake options for the Bushmaster and Colt post ban "M4" barrels, both of them come with lousy brakes and would like to replace.
Will probobly have Kurts Custom do the work.
My main question is the bushmaster barrel is way short and I dont like the looks of the A3 brake length, but how does it work?
The Colt seems to have more barrel to work with.
Does the Phantum come in post ban?
Pictures would help.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 3:46:52 AM EDT
[#1]
My vote would be for none. Brakes are loud, very loud. And for a semi 5.56, you don't really need the recoil reducing benefit.

That being said, if you must have one, there was a very favorable review of the KKF A2 brake on this board a little while ago.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 4:18:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got one of Kurts A3's on my Dissipator and a Wilson on my Carbine. Love them both and wouldnt be without them. Kurts brake's are outstanding.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:02:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd also go for a 1/9 twist barrel with NO brake. A .223 does not produce enough recoil to justify a brake. Besides being obnoxiously loud, poorly done brakes ruin accuracy too.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothin' says lovin' like a Phantom on the end of an M4....
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The Phantom isn't a legal option for a post-ban weapon. Besides, the Vortex is better.

Bare muzzle isn't an option because the guns in question already have 16" barrels with threaded muzzles.

For a post-ban, my vote goes for Kurt's A2 tactical brake.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top