Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 11:03:10 AM EDT
Does somebody know history of this bolt carrier?
It hardchrome plated except gas key, it is full auto and has engraved pic of an anchor text USN.

thanks,
MN
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
very interesting......!! where did you find it ??

is it for sale......? to an old Swabbie ? just for old tymes sake ? trade for a 1911-A1 "U.S.Navy" marked slide ?

hell man, i gotta ask !
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I am interested to find out more about this Carrier too. Its is very cool....
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 2:57:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry guys, it´s not  for sale. I just want to know is it rare?
This kinda stuff is pretty rare here in Finland, that´s why I´m asking.

MN
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's rare it's because they didn't sell well.  I recall these were made by Smith in Arizona I think.  IT's not a genuine Navy part.  They marked them any way they wanted.  I think they put some different contact points on a carrier these days and stamp NM on it.  

There's no such thing as a government NM carrier but the commercial guys can call theirs anything they want.  Quality is so-so.

The funny part is looking at the so-called high grade AR makers who use those parts and brag about them.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Findland Man, M4A2 !

i was wondering about that "FIN" in your location.., great to have you here ! you can give us a perspective of what you folks contend wyth on a daily basis, here the country seems to be run by fruits & nutty liberals.., i see you are no stranger wyth 50 notes...... welcome !

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If it's rare it's because they didn't sell well.  I recall these were made by Smith in Arizona I think.  IT's not a genuine Navy part.  They marked them any way they wanted.  I think they put some different contact points on a carrier these days and stamp NM on it.  

There's no such thing as a government NM carrier but the commercial guys can call theirs anything they want.  Quality is so-so.

The funny part is looking at the so-called high grade AR makers who use those parts and brag about them.  

That´s what I thought, NM this, NM that, regular parts, only higher price...
That´s not my bolt carrier, it´s from project of my friend and he wanted to know background of it.

Thanks for the help guys.

MN
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey Findland Man, M4A2 !

i was wondering about that "FIN" in your location.., great to have you here ! you can give us a perspective of what you folks contend wyth on a daily basis, here the country seems to be run by fruits & nutty liberals.., i see you are no stranger wyth 50 notes...... welcome !

Thank you CactusJack
You are not in better situation as we are. Our country is run by fruit cakes and nutty liberals, too. Try to hang on, things can not go worse than this..

MN
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Of course, the Finns do have one great advantage over us.  They can buy their AR's in original M16 configuration, along with any other full auto pieces they can afford.

On the other hand-----I think about those winters----and I'm glad I live in the "Georgia" of the New World.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:22:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Of course, the Finns do have one great advantage over us.  They can buy their AR's in original M16 configuration, along with any other full auto pieces they can afford.

That´s true, we can have for example full auto Bolt Carrier but not those evil hammers, triggers and FA sear. It does not make me feel any tougher. Possession of those parts is not crime, attaching is.
Full auto weapons are allowed to collectors.

On the other hand-----I think about those winters----and I'm glad I live in the "Georgia" of the New World.

It looks like you are well aware about Finland. Winters are sometimes damn cold and aluminum is damn cold in winters..

MN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top