Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2002 5:39:35 AM EDT
What do you think about this shotgun, featured at autoweapons.com:

http://128.121.188.245/photosv/battle7.html

Disclaimer:  I am not in any way associated with this company.  The gun just looks interesting to me, and I don't know anything about minishells.  So before I shell out more than 1K for it (with the ATF tax), I figure I'd ask.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What do you think about this shotgun, featured at autoweapons.com:

128.121.188.245/photosv/battle7.html

Disclaimer:  I am not in any way associated with this company.  The gun just looks interesting to me, and I don't know anything about minishells.  So before I shell out more than 1K for it (with the ATF tax), I figure I'd ask.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#2]
This just looks like an SBS version of the one SOG is selling for like $300.  If you really want one, buy theirs and shop the barrel yourself.  However, in the configuration that is shown at that url, I don't see why they don't just register it as an AOW vs. and SBS (no stock...) that way the transfer tax is only $5 vs. $200.  The tax for making an AOW is still $200, though.

Actually, I believe I know why it isn't registered as an AOW - they need to have started with a pistol or virigin receiver that never had a stock mounted.  Since these were likely the same ones SOG got (just modified by this company), they were imported with the stocks attached.

Anywho, I've only seen a couple of reports - most indicating it is garbage.  Apparently, the pump action requires you to first push forward and then push back to eject the spent shell.

Rocko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top