Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2002 6:16:30 PM EDT
Okay, I know how alot of you feel about tasco scopes but what about the EXP? It seems that for the money it has features that are very desirable. Such as the wide field of view, the 98% light transmisson and the finger adjustable turrents. If a person wanted this mainly for target shooting/plinking and varmint hunting, wouldn't it be sufficient? I see it even has a no fault warranty. And sense they're going out of buisness, shouldn't some mail order company have these at lower than normal prices?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It's your money.

I have a Leapers scope (and that's grouped into Tasco too....)
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#2]
One thing to keep in mind about Tasco is that they did not manufacture their own products.  Depending upon who did, some were good, some were junk.  I have a Super Sniper 10x42-M  and think it's a great scope for the money.  I'm sure other models were junk.

If you do buy the Exp, keep in mind that Tasco has gone out of business, so there will be no warranty available.  It's probably a pretty decent scope, but I've never owned one.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#3]
For the same amount of money you could get a Swift scope. They're perhaps the best buy for the money & have a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
i have no idea how to tell you how i "FEEL" about Tasco, EXP & Leapers..., but.., i can tell you what i thynk about them........

no problem, i got a Leapers 3x-9x & lyke it, it is OK for what i use it for, 100 yd. range shooting/plinking, i can zero it wythin 6 shots on three different rifles, small as it is i still have to take it off to get the rifle back in the safe.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top