Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2002 8:17:30 PM EDT

has any one here ordered a NIB Colt M4 upper from anyone lately ?? in the past year ??

GAWD..! loved every second opening that package that read "ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED"...!

after my adrenalin mellowed out, & i got it out of the packing & down to the plastic Colt bag, oozing wyth oil, i got out my cotton oil rag & lovingly wiped it down, then of course i hav'ta open the bolt/carrier, grasping the charging handle & firmly pulling back.., it won't budge, so i really give this baby a tug, still no release, i inspect for a "TyWrap" or some blocking device, i find nothyng, so i prop this baby on the edge of my well protected pool/gun table, & pull as if i were trying to break it, KerPOWWW !! the bolt come out wyth such force it skinned a knuckle, removing the carier, i inspect it & find the ejector pin was not fully installed & the bolt/carrier was jammed into the barrel extension so damn tight, i was about to send it back, took the bolt/carrier to my shop put it in a jig i made, drove out the broken pin & installed a new one, lubed it wyth Diamond Lapping compound on the moving parts, dropped in the headspace gage, checks good, reassemble it all & put it on my Colt pre-ban Gov't Carbine lower.......!! what a sweetheart !!!

yaa my wife too, she had me order another AR-15 today..., yes a Colt, no other kind is there ???????  

Link Posted: 6/27/2002 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
CJ,

Sounds sweet!!

When did you get a Gov Carbine lower?

Nice

BG223
Link Posted: 6/27/2002 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrads!
"the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:45:57 AM EDT
[#3]
OK.., Guys......., BUT........., BUT........!!!

has anyone encountered a similar problem ? or found any defects ? the removable carry handle had a ding across the top that left two sharp metal burrs, after close examination i find these dings were in the metal BEFORE it was finished !! it is also a Bushmaster carry handle, shud i call the place where i got it tell'm they ripped me off ? that makes the M4 upper not fully Colt.......

my mistake biggame, it's on the Gov't model i got from you last week, my GC will arrive at Thunderhead next week, in fact if you have any days off next week come to the rane/shop, Jay is receiving 4, & maybe by the end of this day 5 Colts will be stampeding into his shop.......

you will have to come see them......., 4.., count'm F-O-U-R NIBys will soon join my stable of Colts, that'll make me 9 Colts.......

guess what ?? i found & bought the rarest of all Colt AR-15s.., so now the question is: shud i shoot it ?? it too is a NIBy......

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:48:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
guess what ?? i found & bought the rarest of all Colt AR-15s.., so now the question is: shud i shoot it ?? it too is a NIBy......

You found a Commanche? Let's see some pics!
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
it is also a Bushmaster carry handle, shud i call the place where i got it tell'm they ripped me off ? that makes the M4 upper not fully Colt.......

I think there are only a couple of companies that make the carry handles. Sounds like Bushmaster and Colt use the same supplier.

As long as it's a mil-spec carry handle, there should be no problems.

Av.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 4:58:44 AM EDT
[#6]
A Bushmaster carry handle on a supposedly NIB Colt upper receiver assembly? Sacrilege!

How is the carry handle marked?

Where did you buy this upper receiver assembly from?

In the past, people have reported problems with using Bushmaster carry handles on Colt barreled upper receivers. Something about a slight difference in the heighth of the front sight tower and the Bushy sights not being able to be elevated enough to zero when sighting in.

My newest Colt product is an MT6731. It was probably built about a year and a half ago. It is perfect in almost every way. It has an M4 upper receiver and genuine Colt carry handle.
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#7]
A NIB Colt M4 upper with damaged or broken parts from the factory ?!?!? HOW CAN THIS BE !!!!! I have heard this only happens to the other *pond scum* AR makers.

CJ, I can't wait to see you at the range to inspect this collection you are putting together.  Biggame223 already asked if you were adopting, how about two new sons to help with your museum building ??
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Boomer,
trust me..., there is nothyng that wud make me happier to report i found a Colt Comanche..., but...! alas, it is only a green label 6520, but by gun standards, it is a very rare series...... less than 300 made.., the Comanche is my next quest

the handle on the left side has the splintered "A" & about 1" to the rear there is a "B", pretty much the same "B" ya see on Bushys...

Av,
no probs as i see it also, i plan on shooting it, not looking at it, i already have a bunch of those....

SPECTRE,
yupp..!! sorry to say it was a real dissapointment to me too, but i got'er repaired, lubed the the moving parts wyth diamond lapping compound & worked the BC in & out rapidly about 200 strokes, wyth my pinkie jammed in the rear of the BC, those half BCs are hell on pinkies !! then re-cleand it all & assembled into a firearm & played wyth it for an hour or so.....

actually i have been thynking of adopting some grown young men, there is a lot of work to be done on a ranch this size for an ol feller lyke me.......
Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#9]
DAD!!!!

SPECTRE is the BAD one,  HE DID IT!!!!

Whatever it was........8^)

Dad can I borrow the car...err...Colt tonite?

Pleeeeeeeese

Biggame223

Out

Link Posted: 6/28/2002 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#10]
CactusJack. who did you order it from?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top