Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2002 5:34:52 PM EDT
I placed an order with them 5/21/02. Now this has been three weeks now and still haven't gotten my stuff. I have tried to contact them and no response. What is with these guys! I should have listened to the posts here. Do you think I will ever get my order or do the just have piss poor service?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Strange. I ordered a flashlight from them last week and it came in 3 days. I've ordered from them in the past and had no problems then, either.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a light/batt deal and had the delivery in four days.   Good luck  
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Was going to buy an Eotech from them today. I got on their help line and asked if they had 551's in stock. The reply was"usually" I asked again and this time I said is it in stock and ready for shipment, the reply was "I think so" I'll continue to shop around.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered some items from them the week before Memorial Day because of the 15% off sale.  I never got a confirmation, so I sent them an email to make sure they got my order.  

2 days passed.  

Another email.

2 days passed.

Another email.

2 days passed.

I got a reply.  They said that one item was out of stock.  I asked them to ship the order as is and forget about the out of stock item.

A week passes.

I get an email saying the order shipped.  I see that 2, not 1 items are missing from the order.  The one (Glock Clipdraw) is the reason I placed the order in the first place!

The merchandise I finally got was as advertised, but the service I received was really bad.  I guess you get what you pay for.  They are the cheapest place on the block.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I will try contacting them again and again and again. But another week it will be a month. This will be my last order with them. If they are out of stock tell me and I will find the item somewhere else or wait. But they should at the very least tell me what's going on.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Was going to buy an Eotech from them today. I got on their help line and asked if they had 551's in stock. The reply was"usually" I asked again and this time I said is it in stock and ready for shipment, the reply was "I think so" I'll continue to shop around.

Buy your eo tech from CMMG he's a member here and always has some stuff for sale over in the equipment exchange.  His prices are great and the service excellent!  

ps  I love my EO Tech I got from them
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck in getting your stuff from them. They are a major hit and miss on service and product availability.  I order couple of times. One was okay. The rest were screwed up by them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I have to give them a thumbs down as well.  I spent about $500 and did not receive items worth about $50 invoiced in the packing slip.  

1. My order shorted me two items and after waiting inumerable times for an on-line rep, I was advised that they would be making a claim against the shipping co. and would let me know the result.

2. I ordered a giles sling and they managed to end up selling me their own model which was even more $$.

No tel number sucks especially if you must wait 20 mins for "live help" which gives you about 10 seconds to respond before disconnecting.  So you really have to wait at your computer rivited for your response.  I suggest you pre-print your complaint and have your curser on the "send" button.

All in all a dismal experience, I will not make the same mistake again and send out caution.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I came out on the good side of their poor customer service.  I ordered two M3 lights for my Glock, a Speedfeed stock set for my 11-87, eight batteries for the M3, an extra bulb for the M3, and a Stinger flashlight only.  About a $400 order.  I had ordered a Reflex II and mount before and it was shipped fast for a good price.  I had not yet heard the flurry of different accents in the backround when you call "customer service."  In about a week and a half the order arrives, two M3 lights for my Glock, a Speedfeed stock set for my 11-87, eight batteries for the M3, and an extra bulb for the M3, minus the Stinger.  I call and ask for it.  I hear a number of accents in the backround and I am told it is backordered.  I wait.  The next week a box comes.  I think, not to bad.  I open the box, two M3 lights for my Glock, a Speedfeed stock set for my 11-87, eight batteries for the M3, and an extra bulb for the M3.  The Stinger never arrived, bu I think I wound up ahead in the end.  I assure you I was only charged once for the two M3 lights for my Glock, a Speedfeed stock set for my 11-87, eight batteries for the M3, and an extra bulb for the M3.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I once waited FOUR months to get a simple nylon SMG case from BOTACH.

I think most of my orders took over two months through those idiots...
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Your best bet is to shop around, Botach has got a very bad reputation for cust. service.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I've broken the Botach Code.....at least I haven't had any problems in several dozen orders.

No more than two items per order.

Make sure they have it in stock before you give them your CC.

Always use a CC.

They've actually been one of my more reliable suppliers....
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I have ordered many times and spent over $3000 with Botach and had no problems till lately with ammo taking 4 weeks to get. One of my shooting buddies had the worst nightmare with them: He got double charged for an ACOG that took 3 months to get! He called everyday for a month to get the credit for the extra charge. I fear every time I order now that his experience is becoming the norm with them. Check your statements closely after you order.

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#14]
None of this is suprising at all to many of us. Do a search and see what comes up. If you get what you ordered, then you got a good deal for sure. Just know that its not uncommon for things to go a little less than smooth. Keep ordering from them, if you havent been burned yet, you will. A better option would be to find someplace else to get your gear. Someplace that gives a crap about you and your orders. Botach has prooven they dont. There are places out there that offer pricing similar to theirs, and wont screw you. If you've ordered a few times from them and not been screwed, thats not a bad thing in itself. But you are supporting a company that has screwed many of your fellow shooters and board members. You realize of course that in order to attract any business what-so-ever, they have to offer such low prices. Its the only way that they get anyone to give them a second look. You can read this over if you like and keep ordering from them, to get a good deal, few will blame you. But when (not if but when because it WILL happen) you get screwed, dont act suprised, be disapointed, or complain. You've been warned!
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#15]
WE have placed about four orders with them and they all went smooth. My only complaint is we are both in Cali so i get hammered with 7.75% sales tax.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I guess that I am one of the lucky ones.  Six  different orders placed online in the middle of the night were received within 3 business days.  There were two times they did not have an item I ordered.  They called me that morning to advise me that the items were out of stock both times.  The last order I got my EoTech 552 for $329.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#17]
If they ever outlaw all forms of gambling, lotteries, etc, those addicted to gambling will be able to get their fix as long as Botach is around. I'm not sure which is the bigger rush, scratching off a scratch-ticket or getting an order shipped from Botach. Then again, I have won a few scratch-off tickets.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I've ordered many times from Botach and have spent thousands of dollars , what I've learned is that you MUST call and verify thats its in stock or else you can forget about it and the nightmare begins.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Green18, The only reason I havent ordered from CMMG is because the only CC I have is Discover right now. Almost nobody takes them. So my choices are limited.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 3:26:39 AM EDT
[#20]
It's been a month now and I finely got a e-mail from Botach with shipping tracking info. So this is a dead issue with me now. But I will think twice before I ever order from them again.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Calling to make sure the item is in stock is not always helpful, they lie about it on a regular basis. They did it to me at least 3 times. Botach, shop at your own risk... You;ve been wanred!
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Botach is usually swamped with orders and has a poor tracking record system I have found that if you send in your order and call after about 2-3 days then someone will get to it a lot faster. I have ordered ammo from Botach many times and usually deal with an employee named Efram, he is very responsive and very helpful in getting an order processed and shipped.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Green18, The only reason I havent ordered from CMMG is because the only CC I have is Discover right now. Almost nobody takes them. So my choices are limited.

Tie a PayPal account to that and you increase the number of companies that you can shop with.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#24]
The WORST Customer Service I've experienced Period.  I'll Never shop their again.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 11:56:28 AM EDT
[#25]
If you are having trouble finding a good company to order from, try the Industry Forums. SWFA is the place to buy optics from, hands down. Ammoman is the guy to buy your ammo from, and so on.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Update:

I dealt with Efram, he is assured me that he would get the shorted items sent forthwith, will advise.

Link Posted: 6/20/2002 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I ordered a holster from them.

3 weeks go by, no email, no phone call.

So I go online and wait 30 minutes to a rep.
He gets on and says, "Work Order number".
I say, "that's the problem".
And of course, sorry that item is out of stock, didn't you get a call?

Yea, that's why I decided to waste 30 minutes waiting for you.

I get a call from them today, they left me a message on my machine (an email would of been so much easier), the lady could hardly speak english and on top of that the phone line was had some horrendous static.

Honestly, out of the entire message, the only thing I understood was "botech tactical".

I have a general rule when it comes to buying things online, if you mess my order up the first time, your business is sausage and you will never get my money again.

Then again, who am I?
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I have a general rule when it comes to buying things online, if you mess my order up the first time, your business is sausage and you will never get my money again.

Then again, who am I?

Well evidently you are a smarter man than I, since it took me multiple orders to figured out that they are morons, and boardline crooks.

For anyone who is thinking of dealing with Botach, I'll end by saying don't let their seemingly good prices fool you.  But if you do go for it, be willing to wait a LONG, LONG time before you receive your order...

Any number of dealers have prices just as good, if not better if you are willing to shop around.  MSTN, Lightfighter, Lagger-Pro, SableCO, Blueline Gear, SWFA, CSA, to name a few.  I've bought a lot of crap over the years, and dealt with many different dealers, so if anyone needs something I could recommend a specific dealer for specific items at good prices.  Let me know...
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#29]
You've been warned bwahahahaha!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top