Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2002 8:01:37 PM EDT
i hear of bump firing the ak47 alot, but can it be done with a ar15?  and how?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#1]
click on this button
and do a search on bumpfire
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the ULIMATE act of a TOTAL WANNABE!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You would never fly that plane inverted so don't bump fire any semi.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Sure can, you gotta keep your finger low on the trigger, heard it works better with the trigger guard open, dont know. Rifles do well, real small buffer carbines really rip.
GG
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago with my bushy 20".  I still need some practice but I was able to get 5 or 6 rounds going at a time.  Was cool as hell, I must say.  And yes, I'M A FULL AUTO WANNABE.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:55:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I have only tried it a few times, but I seem to get better everytime.  The easiest way that I have found is to hook your trigger finger around your belt loop, until you get good at it.  Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy with an AR, but it works really well with an AK!

**Make sure you are very careful when attempting to bump fire.  Obviously you cannot aim as easy from the hip as you can from the shoulder, and the increase in shots is going to throw the muzzle all over the place.  Make sure you have a good backstop!**
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Put a nail (16) in a solid post or tree with a litte protective tape. On the right side or the brass will beat you up. Keep it about shoulder height. Shoulder the rifle, insert the taped nail into the trigger area, flick off the saftey. Lean into it a bit... Can dump a 30rd mag....

Tends to get everyone's attention at the range....

Dan Tucker
UPstate NY
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried it last time out and absolutely could not get it to work. I thought this puny cartridge just doesn't produce enough recoil, and I have a light M4. I'll have to try it again.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would never fly that plane inverted so don't bump fire any semi.

well...the superdecatholon has a inverted fuel system  
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's the ULIMATE act of a TOTAL WANNABE!

yes...it is!
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I can empty a 30 rounder in about 3 sec., with the bump.
Yes, I'm a Full Auto Wannabe.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I learned how last time I was at ETH's farm.
My pre ban did it perfect.
My post ban did not.
The trigger is to stiff. I'm gonna try and file it down a bit. Plus the
post ban is a 20" barrel and is a
lot heavier than my pre ban.

Im a wanna be and damn proud of it!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I thought the Citabria is an aerobatic capable Cessna.  So why wouldn't you fly it inverted? For short periods if it doesn't have an upside down capable fuel and oil system (Maybe maintaining some positive G's while inverted).

Look at the name spelled backwards... Doesn't that say it all?

And yes, someday when I'm at an appropriate range, I'll try the bump.  My current range has a sign that says please minimize rapid fire and they don't allow class 3.  Rats, my old range, up north, allowed class 3 which allowed me to see things in real life vs. TV.  Little bit of a difference between the real thing and TV.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I hear the Ammoman loves you to do-da-bump.

Its not a good idea just because if firing at an otherwise normal rate of fire if a shell sounds less than full loaded,you might stop firing and check out this strange, less than normal load sound.  

At full auto-or a really good bump,a squib is really,really bad news.

Bob  
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I hear the Ammoman loves you to do-da-bump.

Its not a good idea just because if firing at an otherwise normal rate of fire if a shell sounds less than full loaded,you might stop firing and check out this strange, less than normal load sound.  

At full auto-or a really good bump,a squib is really,really bad news.

Bob  hr

well i guess we all should get rid of our full auto's then?

ian
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Green_Canoe,
> I thought the Citabria is an aerobatic capable Cessna. <

Actually, the airframe is a beefed up Areoncia (sp?) Champ.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I thought the Citabria is an aerobatic capable Cessna.  So why wouldn't you fly it inverted? For short periods if it doesn't have an upside down capable fuel and oil system (Maybe maintaining some positive G's while inverted).

Look at the name spelled backwards... Doesn't that say it all?

And yes, someday when I'm at an appropriate range, I'll try the bump.  My current range has a sign that says please minimize rapid fire and they don't allow class 3.  Rats, my old range, up north, allowed class 3 which allowed me to see things in real life vs. TV.  Little bit of a difference between the real thing and TV.  

it is areobatic, but it doesnt have a inverted fuel system so it cant stay inverted very long lol.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Green_Canoe,
> I thought the Citabria is an aerobatic capable Cessna. <

Actually, the airframe is a beefed up Areoncia (sp?) Champ.

i think its made by champion aircraft
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I saw a guy bump an FAL at Bulletfest last year...so ANYTHING is possible hehehe.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:52:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top