Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2002 10:25:35 PM EDT
I taken the advice "its easier to ask forgiveness than permission".

Now, I have some bills paid down and money is o.k. at the moment.

I *just* got a new USP45 at he end of April.
No problem... she said, "I know you're not getting anything else...' Yeah, sure...o.k..right!

Well, i've had magazines for an M1A for years... i've been putting off buying one....

NOT ANYMORE , now once I pay it off, gotta find a way to get it in the house

I know she won't like it but she may find out, eventually......

after I get

The Springfield Trophy Match (another 1911, can't have too many!)

Another USP, this time in 40s&w (to complement my Glock 27)

A revolver or two (well, maybe i'll delay those - NOT!)

Honestly, she can't complain. I've let her have her way (with money and other things) for quite a while, i'm just catching up.

She has spent about as much as I have so far but who is counting???

Well, a nice sum of the money did come in the form of a lump-sum retro-active pay raise...

She'll never miss it!.....

(that is if she doesn't know)
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, you are setting yourself up for one big ass-whoopin'!

Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
just make sure the gun safe goes into the doghouse with you, that way you can still play with the new toys
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Hurt me baby! Make it feel good!

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
just make sure the gun safe goes into the doghouse with you, that way you can still play with the new toys

Yeah, she can't say too much...

she has done quite a few No-No's since Nov/Dec of last year.

technically, she should be in the dog house but I didn't make a big stink, to her suprise.

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]
haah I'm selling my 4wheeler for around 4k and am getting the following with it

USPc SS in .357sig
USP Tac in .45
P2000 when they come out
cheekpiece and AIMPOINT for the AR
a cheap ole AK47 for shits and giggles
trick out my Rem 700 PSS
and hopefully the new M4 Super 90's from hk and benelli won't be too expensive
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought I was the only who purposely acted cool when my wife screws up, knowing that I could later use it to my advantage when wanting a gun. Funny that.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I think that's why most of the guys here own a gunsafe. Its not to keep them from being stolen its to keep the wife from finding out how many guns they really own.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:48:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Before getting a new toy, I will get myself a real nice comfortable couch first if I were you. Don't mess with the lady, we always loose.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Just tell her you're holding on to it for a friend.  A guy at work came up with a good story for his new Harley.  He told his wife he was renting his garage to a friend who needed someplace to keep his Harley.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#10]
An old friend of mine would buy a gun and lock it in the trunk of his car for about 2 years before bringing it into the house..When he finally brought it in, his wife would ask "Is that a new gun?"  He would reply, "Nah, I've had it for years."  He had as many as 6 guns in the trunk at a time....
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#11]
MISSUS LEWIS!!  MISSUS LEWIS!

MARK JUST BOUGHT A GUN!

(you're in so much touble!)
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
MISSUS LEWIS!!  MISSUS LEWIS!

MARK JUST BOUGHT A GUN!

(you're in so much touble!)

LMFAO
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I think that's why most of the guys here own a gunsafe. Its not to keep them from being stolen its to keep the wife from finding out how many guns they really own.

Princeton you just nailed my profile!  Nice job!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, I know what you are going through. I just bought an awesome Steyr AUG for $2800. Ive been looking for a good deal for a long time. Its on its way here and the wife doesnt know yet. The only thing that will save me is that I will carry it at work and can write it off on the taxes.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Gotta admit, I've been in more trouble over the years with gun purchases than ANYTHING else with the wife. Always try to maintain a "rat-hole" account to finance my toys, so she really can't say too much. Man, that line about the gun safe is right on!! Hope you aren't cut-off for too long. Heck, you can always "play with your gun"!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#16]
It is a sickness...you obviously need help.

Stand in line with the rest of us.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Just tell her you could  have spent $3500.00 on this....BUT....you decided to take the responsible approach and buy the budget minded M1A. How can she get angry about that?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#18]
My boss just bought a Mini Cougar.
His wife thinks its his HS2000. Now as long as he never brings them both out of the safe at the same time, He's home free!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#19]
You guys are killing me.

My wife and I have been together for 10 years (she has the diamonds to prove it) and she never questions my gun purchases. I set the ground rules early in our relationship and we differentiate between her money, my money, and our money. I am truly blessed. If I could avoid the self-inflicted (financial) guilt of buying an M16 she would not blink an eye.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll let you all in on my way of keeping new purchases secret.  

You need to own sooo many guns that there is no way she could possibly keep track of what you already have.  

My wife is actually really cool about me buying guns.  She buys what she wants with her spending money and I do the same with mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top