Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2002 5:25:15 PM EDT
I have found a great deal on both of these pistols, and I don't have anything in 9x18 Commy yet. Of the two which is generally better. I have heard the Makarov has stout recoil for its size, is this also true of the Hungarian PA63? The Makarov is $20.00 more so price is almost the same. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is either an East German or a Russian Makarov you won't regret it.  The Mak has a lot wider base of accesories(holsters, grips) and spare parts available.  I've never shot a PA-63, but I can't imagine them being more accurate than my East German Maks.  They're definately worth the extra money.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 1:22:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:30:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Parts, Parts, Parts

A friend of mine has a pa63 I`v had a heck of a time finding parts. But the Makarov has many parts venders .(cheaper parts too).
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:47:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:48:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Depends on what you want to use it for!

The PA63 is easier to conceal.  I've a FEG MOD. SMC-918 MADE IN HUMGARY in my pocket now.  Similar to the PPK, it is slightly (one rd) smaller than the PA63.

But, I've also a Russian MAK that's a nice shooter.

Here's a good link, for info on the SMC-918, PA63, and others:

www.makarov.com/others/
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I like them both. The PA-63 is very light and slim making it the better choice of the two as far as concealed carry goes. The Makarov is the more handsome of the two. Both have been very reliable and accurate in my experience. Recoil is pretty stout in both models but a good ol' Uncle Mike's grip helps out quite a bit with the mak. Take your pick, both are decent little guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top