Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2002 2:20:37 PM EDT
Been craving something new and fun, this looks like the ticket.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#1]
you do realise its classified as a DD, and will be hard to obtain.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
We have a couple on my job , they are a blast to shoot , they are actually easy to control on full auto.

The magazines alone make a good converstation piece.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I know a local gentleman who has one. It is now classified as a destructive device, as Mattsd said. He has quite a few mags for it also. I think he said that only 1000 were made (his is #8**).
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
i think longmountain outfitters has some?

any one have there website adress?

pic up a copy of Small Arms Review and look in there adds also you could post a WTB post on subguns.com

they can help u immensly

just make your state allows Destrucive Devices

btw there will be a 200 tax stamp required on it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#5]
There is one that is eternally posted at gunbroker.com. I guess the guys asking price is too high.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
one reason these dont go like gangbusters is DD is pretty restrictive, and the cost to be a DD dealer is HUGE, so they are few and far between
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#7]
If I am not mistaken I thought that DD's and AOW's were a $5 tax stamp. $200 was on transferable class 3's.

JerrY
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If I am not mistaken I thought that DD's and AOW's were a $5 tax stamp. $200 was on transferable class 3's.

JerrY

Partially correct.  It's $5.00 tax for an AOW and $200.00 for anything else.

Regretfully, the USAS-12 was ruled to be a "Destructive Device."  Thus, it's a $200.00 tax.

Incidentally, it's relatively easy to get one, and you DON'T need a DD dealer.  Like a SBR or a SBS, you can remove the features that make it NFA and request that it be pulled from the registry.  Thus, the receiver becomes a normal Title I weapon.  Got a SBR and want it non-papered?  Put a 16"+ barrel on it and make sure that the gun is now over 26".  Got a SBS and want it unpapered?  Do as above but make sure the barrel is 18".

In the case of the USAS-12, you need to remove the barrel and get rid of it.  (Give it away, etc.)  Then, you may unregister what's left.  Then it's just a Title I gun.  The next step is to apply to "make" a DD.  Once you get approval and pay the $200, go ahead and put the barrel back on.

In the case of the Streetsweeper and Striker, you need to remove the barrel AND cylinder.

This is useful when you can't find a DD dealer.

*****This information came from the folks at Urban Armory.  They've done this before to sell someone one of these shotguns when there's no DD dealer.  I also think that there's an ATF letter about this that was published in a back issue of Small Arms Review and/or is at Bardwell's site.  

Incidentally, Lakeside Machine [see www.lakesideguns.com for more info] has 1-2 in stock.  From what Eric (the owner) tells me, they're heavy, bulky, and you need HOT ammo to get them to cycle properly.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I fired one a few years ago.  It is way too heavy for me to have any interest in it, even without having to deal with the DD paperwork.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top