Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2002 2:39:17 PM EDT
beretta model 92 .and how much is there magazines. also how would you compare a beretta model 92 with a glock 17 In accuracy and reliability. right now im still a little partial to glocks but that beretta looks really nice.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
i do mean the preban 15 round magazines.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the 92FS 'Brigadair' and I like it.Absolutely reliable,I have 525 rounds thru it and no hiccups and I don't anticipate any.When my BUSHY jams at the 100 yard I just shoot the Beretta because I don't feel like moving my gear down to the 25-lol. I was gonna try the Glock at 100 but we ran out of trigger time.I've seen used GI pre-bans (15 rds.) for $35.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I love mine. It has great accuracy, I've nailed small radishes at 25 +- feet with junk ammo before, it is by far one of the best weapons I've shot. I have 2 factory blued 10 rounders, 2 factory ss 15 rounders, and 3 15 after market mags so far, the after market mags are good for plinking, but if you are going to carry your weapon, you need the factory mags. depending on where you shop, the factory 15 rnd mags can run about 45-90 bucks-20 rnders cost about $129.00 at the last gun show I was at. If you do get one, you might also want to get a hogue wrap around grip, I got one and love it.
I've only had 3 malfunctions, 2 were from underpowered loads (junk ammo) and one was from a aftermarket magazine failing to feed properly.

Hope this helps!

Aim True
Matt
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
92fs
Great to have you here, stop by often. Am-O-Tramp
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:09:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used the Beretta M9(92fs) extensively and love it.  It is a very accurate pistol and utterly reliable.  Not the best choice for concealed carry, but great for about anything else.  Pistol mags are all expensive, but Beretta mags are slightly less hard on the wallet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I HAD A 92FS, THEY EAT ANYTHING. BUT AFTER MUCH COMPARISON IT LOST OUT , I NOW HAVE 2 GLOCKS. BETTER RESALE VALUE TOO.

Link Posted: 5/23/2002 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I bad mouthed Beretta 92s for years. Then I bought one (92FS, used) that we took in on a trade. I had a trigger job done & bought some after market hi-caps. I was very pleasantly surprised with its accuracy using cheap ammo. It fits my hands well, never jams & balances wonderfully.

Do NOT buy a 92F. That does not have the mod to prevent the slide from coming back in case of breakage.

Even though I only use it at the range, I'll probably never sell mine.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 6:10:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I own a blued 92FS which was my very first handgun and has functioned and served me well over the years. The fixed sights on my 92FS are accurate. I have put thousands of round through it without a failure, EXCEPT when I used VICTOR brand 15 round mags through them. So obviously, I DO NOT recommend VICTOR mags!
I like the 92FS personaly because it fits comfortably in my hands. Some people find the grip too large.
I also find the 92FS very easy to field strip and clean.

ArmaLiter
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#9]
illusion, I have an Elite II and an 92 SB compact. They are both very good. the open top slide reduces the mass of the slide and thus uf you ride the slide like I do (with your non shooting hand thumb) you can cause failures. This can be over come by grip - but it was an issue for me early on. They don't like to be dirty. If they are dirty and begin to slow down - generally you can squeak a couple hundered more rounds out with a few drops of CLP.

Accuracy - They are both about the same. I got my E2 instead of a G34 for IDPA. It really is more a function of the shooter than either weapon.

Mag prices - high cap mags are a bit cheaper depending on where you find them. Asian military mags (just as good as Beretta factory mags, but dont have as many relief cuts to show you how many are in the mag) are about 30% cheaper than factory. Factory mags are a slight bit less than Glock. Oh one last thing about mags - there is a myth about "Mecgar is the actual manufacturer for Beretta mags - so they are just as good." This is incorrect. Mecgar is an Italian company. Mecgar does produce mags for Sig. Mecgar NEVER PRODUCED MAGS FOR BERETTA.

As far as resale - they are about the same.

One thing if you get a standard 92 - swap out the trigger spring - it will have a much nicer trigger (basically it will be very much the same as an E2). It is like a 5 minute job that you can do and cost about $5.00.

Good luck
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I carried an M9 for quite a while.  My only complaint is that it is a huge gun compared to the bullet size.  Other than that, it is wonderful.  Feels good, points well, functions excellent.  I plan on buying one some day just as a pack around, woods walking, river type gun.  Wouldnt recomend it for a carry gun unless its a duty gun due to size.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought one just to have, but I'm not particularly impressed with any aspect of it.  Functions well, accuracy is haphazard, and it feels like a fence post in my hand when shooting.  As others have said, good hi-caps aren't too expensive (circa $40 as I recall) and the baked on paint finish is fairly corrosion resistant.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top