Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2002 6:11:48 PM EDT
I handled one of these in the local gun store recently and I really liked the feel.  It's expensive and kinda funky looking, but I'm intrigued.

Anybody out there own one?  Like it?

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I am thinking of getting one myself.  Generally, the price ranges from $850 to $1000.  The only thing I don't like is the 10 round magazine but Calvary Arms is building a modification that will use grease gun magazines.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Pros:

1. It's an HK.  Basically built to last.
2. Good accuracy out to 50M with the open sights.  Many sighting options.  Effective to 100 M.
3.  Easy to clean and very low maintenance.
4.  Great balance, very quick to bear.  Good CQB handling.
5.  Simple manual of arms.
6.  9 ways from Sunday to make this black instead of grey.
7.  See mention of greasegun mag kit above.
8.  45 ACP.  +P, no prob.  .45 Super, supposedly no prob.

Cons:

1.  It's an HK so dealers rake you over the coals for accessories.
2.  It's grey.
3.  Um... er... <grasping for something bad to say> It's really really loud.

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#3]
GT, thanks for the helpful post.  The local shop wants almost $1100 for the privilege of taking one home.  

I have a bad attitude toward H&K.  I think they're over-priced and have just too much snob appeal.  But I really, really like this particular gun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have and paid $950 for it.  Came with only one mag.  The grip is too thick especially compared with a HK94 or a AR15.  Very accurate out to 50-100 yards.  Much harder hitting then 9mm carbines.  Points real well.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#5]
saw one at a show and liked it.  i think it was just under 1k.  saw some pics of black ones....look even better.
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I would definately recommend the Hk USC. Just wait till you get to shoot at some steel plates,PLING!PLING!PLING! LOTS OF FUN TO SHOOT.  Anyway, do not pay over $1000.  Try gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com for better prices.ENJOY!!!  
                   Gemologist
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:23:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I owned one for a while....It's a quality weapon and very accurate and reliable...in the time I had it never a jam or failure.....it is awesome with an Aimpoint..really fun
Feels kind of strange to hold and takes a while to get used to the feel of it...
There's a place out in Phoenix that will make it all Black for you....looks terrific
After building and shooting my first 9mm AR I sold the HK....just because I liked the AR so much better....but it was a personal perference thing...
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Pros:

3.  Um... er... <grasping for something bad to say> It's really really loud.

Here's an easy one...there's no high cap mags.  I've seen some lower conversion to accept sten mags, but that another few hundred bucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top