Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2002 12:17:48 PM EDT
I was going to post this under Industry Forums but the Oly forum is no longer there.  

Is anyone familiar with this model?  I have an extra pre-ban lower laying around and trying to decide what upper to put on it.  I've seen the Oly folder only in print, never seen the live system.  I have seen the ZM systems live but did not pay too much attention to it because of the price.  Is the reliability of the recoil action on the Oly fairly high?  

I like the folder format, if for nothing else, a little variety in my AR collection.  I've been looking at the Daewoo folders and collapsible wire stock models but, I guess I am gun shy on those due to parts availability.  Also, I no longer want one of everything... For me, I want multiple pieces of models I really enjoy (like the ARs).

Thanks...  
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Can anyone help?
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I had owned the OA96 pistol. The gas system is the same with the OA93 family. Here are some the the pros and cons I had encounter with the firearm.

Pros
Compact
Cool
Most parts are interchangable with AR15 parts

Cons
Disassemebling it is a bit tricky. Because of the cocking handle is located on the left side and is screwed into the bolt group. You need to unscrew a couple of the parts before removing the bolt group.
Not much of a weight saving.
Can't install a back up iron sight system.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top