Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2002 5:14:52 AM EDT
I always thought "WHat a waste" when anyone dicussed the Caliban bolt AR's.

But now I'm thinking this might be an interesting project. Using the AR platform in a bolt action for a .308 tactical rifle.

Anyone have an info on the bolt action AR's???

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I made this bolt action awhile back.  Just cut a slot on the L/H side of the receiver to attach the handle to the bolt carrier.  Run a guide rod from the gas tube hole in the upper receiver, all the way through the gas key and retain the end of the rod with the existing charging handle.  Drill a hole down through the top of the original charging handle and lock it in place with a set screw.  It takes a pretty good yank on the handle to get the bolt to cam open after firing, so don't make the handle too small.

Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:29:26 AM EDT
[#3]
David Tubb's tactical rifle, nice looking piece.  I want to buy one but kinda out of my budget now.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top