Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2002 4:41:57 PM EDT
this would be done for a posty AR15 pistol. dont tell me the crap about its pointless and it will have the ballistics of a .22 mag. i am well aware of all of this. i just wanna know what it would take for the mag to be legally non-detachable. an SKS mag is fixed, but can be removed by talking the gun apart. if i would but replace the mag release buttom with a solid nut that didnt allow removal of the mag without pliars or something to remove the nut. i think that if it requires unscrewing sometihng to get the mag out it shouldnt be considered "detachable." it i replaced the mag release button with a peice of metal that fit in the fenced depression, and topped that off with a small nut. maybe a ATF letter would say no, but im thinking it would get by if i ever was questioned about its legallity.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:24:29 AM EDT
[#1]
its pointless, it will have the ballistics of a 22mag  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top