HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.

CHECK THE HANDGUNS FORUM
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#1]
My vote is for Hesse.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#2]
The only bad one is the one I haven't got.  So far, that's most of them.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Hesse
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:01:29 PM EDT
[#4]
those FAC ones. im not sure if those are heese or w/e, but they all seem a bit shakey
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Hesse,suck
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Hesse.

Come on, they can't even master Kalashnikovs
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]
How about a Norinco AR.  I saw this one for sale on Gunbroker.com about two years ago.

It was selling for about $700.  I think I heard on these forums that they are garbage.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Worst AR I ever owned or shot was an Olympic. Total piece of trash. I have no experience with a Hesse, but they don't have a very good following.

DK
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#9]
DPMS-

Guess I should have stuc to chrome lined bores b/c this thing FTE and jams the round in the chamber very well after every 100-15o rounds.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How about a Norinco AR.  I saw this one for sale on Gunbroker.com about two years ago.

It was selling for about $700.  I think I heard on these forums that they are garbage.

That forgrip looks like some sort of Japanese sex toy. No thanks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Worst AR brand is........

American Spirit Arms.  Gotta be the worst in customer service.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#12]
thee12nv;  does it have a match chamber?  is it tight?  i have a bunch of dpms parts and 2 lowers and they're great.  went with a BM barrel though, so i don't know about your problems.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:27:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
thee12nv;  does it have a match chamber?  is it tight?  i have a bunch of dpms parts and 2 lowers and they're great.  went with a BM barrel though, so i don't know about your problems.

No it is a standard lightweight 16" upper. Sent it back and they returned it saying nothing was wrong wit.. Have polished the chamber, replaced the extractor spring, etc.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:50:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Another vote for Hesse.

This is something I only usually tell my closest friends and family members looking to buy an AR or put one together..... "If you buy a receiver from Hesse... I'll kick you in the nuts".

Seriously though... These guys really suck.  Poor machining.  Holes don't line up.  Holes are not to spec (Too small) etc.... A little more money gets you a Rock River Arms and life is absolutely beautiful.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:29:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Hesse followed by the cast Olympia plinkers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Colt

:::watches closely as Estoner climbs out from under his rock:::

Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#17]
ROFL, that was funny Dark star.

I vote for Hesse, they got to be the worst.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Colt

:::watches closely as Estoner climbs out from under his rock:::

How dare you?!?!?!?
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.

CHECK THE HANDGUNS FORUM
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#19]
What's an AR?  Is that a new slang word off MTV?  

Wait just a minute here, this IS the Martha Stewart Gardening Forum isn't it?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What's an AR?  Is that a new slang word off MTV?  

Wait just a minute here, this IS the Martha Stewart Gardening Forum isn't it?

Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Never order parts from M&A parts. They are "cheap" in every sense of the word. First AR-15 i built i had to replace nearly every major component with OLY parts just to get the thing to work right.

Why do people hate Olympic arms? I used to own one and it ran fine. Shot just as well as any Colt. Hmmmmm......

lib
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#22]
#1 Hesse
#2 ASA
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:33:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Mattel, nothing but flimsy plastic....
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 1:18:54 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Why do people hate Olympic arms? I used to own one and it ran fine. Shot just as well as any Colt. Hmmmmm......

It's not everyone.  You will find the same small group complaining everywhere they go.

In fact this is true for most AR manufacturers, whether it is Bushmaster, Armalite, Colt, etc..  The customer gets pissed off and they are anti anything said company makes.  Their expierence is supposed to be everyone elses and they try to convince everyone to the way their world is.

Much like the Colt vs. Bushmaster crowd.  Fun to watch them say mine is better, no mine is better, No mine...

They will, no doubt, start complaining here...

mark
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Hesse, without a doubt.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 5:55:02 AM EDT
[#26]
All you guys saying Hesse HAVE NOT SEEN THE NORINCOs

Here in Canada they sell for only $500 CANADIAN!!

Check out the furniture!!

The lower is made out of some alien Grey material...I think it may be used chewing gum.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#27]
dude i want one it looks cool in a wacked way
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The lower is made out of some alien Grey material...I think it may be used chewing gum.

That is the ugliest POS I have seen in along time.  

My vote goes for Hesse though!
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Hesse rifles have the worst rep, but I dont think they are even in business anymore.  ASA is a close 2nd, I'm surprised they are still in business.  Century put out some rifles that had new cast lowers and surplus/demilled uppers that seemed to have lots of problems.  The Oly plinker had lots of problems.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Can't say about Hesse, but ASA is a brand of lower I'll never buy again (besides the fact I live in Kalifornia).  Receiver is definitely out of spec.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 2:35:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 6:48:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I think we've got a winner.....
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.

CHECK THE HANDGUNS FORUM
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Did we forget about the bolt breaking, ammo jamming Professional Ordnance Carbon-15's ???
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Maybe Hesse should start anodizing their lowers with a brown dye so that it's obvious what a piece of shit they are.

Just a thought......
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:59:42 AM EDT
[#36]
I have never owned or shot a Hesse.  BUT, Olympic is the crappyist gun and service I ever experienced firsthand.
My buddy bought one, the comp came loose and was blasted downrange on the second mag.  We took it to the local gunshow where a fat idiot named Tom Spithauler from the Oly factory informed him,( in front of me), that they "are installed loosely in case you want to remove them, and what you did is abuse so no the warranty does not cover it."

Olympic Arms sucks to this day.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:38:41 AM EDT
[#37]
hmmm do I need to tighten my comp on my Oly?

but I DO AGREE that Olys are iffy!  being new to AR15s, I bought one (good price, $700).  later I noticed the upper was WAY TOO LOOSE!!!  not to mention there are dings/machining marks on the recievers.  hell even the olympic arms engraving is sh*tty because of the inconsistency of it: it starts SHALLOW on 1 end going way DEEP going into the other.  obviously the gun was not on a perfect horizontal plane when the engraving was done.  

I know Oly will not replace my upper for a tighter fitting one (it's not a functional defect, and lack of response from Oly's own board), so I took my lower to a gun show & bought a tight fitting stripped upper, hired a gunsmith to do the swap.  I'm satisfied w/the gun for now.  it's a totally DIFFERENT gun in terms of handling & feeling (rock tight vs hanging loose).  but it costed me MORE then what I would have spent on a Bushmaster, in the end.  That I am NOT happy with.

I thought about selling it (& buying a BM) at a big loss before I bought the stripped upper, but I could NOT, in good conscience, sell a gun in that condition (loose upper).  obviously they need better QUALITY CONTROL.

I still look at Olys when I go to gunshows, they are a HIT-OR-MISS item.  some are just like my gun: loose upper, noticable dings on them.  some are reasonably tight & no noticable dings.  buyer beware.  from my observation, most BMs are tight & ALL Armilites are tight.  but having read this forum for a while it seems BMs have their own set of problems ;-)

but I will add that my Oly has never mal-functioned on me, which is good.  very good.  obviously functionality is more important than cosmetics, but it would be nice to have BOTH.

Quoted:
I have never owned or shot a Hesse.  BUT, Olympic is the crappyist gun and service I ever experienced firsthand.  My buddy bought one, the comp came loose and was blasted downrange on the second mag.  We took it to the local gunshow where a fat idiot named Tom Spithauler from the Oly factory informed him,( in front of me), that they "are installed loosely in case you want to remove them, and what you did is abuse so no the warranty does not cover it."

Olympic Arms sucks to this day.

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:20:29 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
but I DO AGREE that Olys are sh*tty!  being new to AR15s, I bought one (good price, $700).  later I noticed the upper was WAY TOO LOOSE!!!  not to mention there are dings/maching marks on the recievers.  hell even the olympic arms engraving is sh*tty because of the inconsistency of it: it starts SHALLOW on 1 end going way DEEP going into the other.  obviously the gun was not on a perfect horizontal plane when the engraving was done.  

I bought an Oly PCR 02 lower at a gun show because it was cheap.  It also has a lot of casting pits and uneven stamping (1/2 lion) on it, it's about the ugliest lower I've ever seen.  The black paint doesn't match with my uppers, but I don't much care about that.

It went together fine and works well with DPMS parts and BM upper, so I don't have any real complaints.  I have seen several Oly AR's at shows, including the Plinker, and just from looking at them I'm not encouraged.  The charging handle is so flimsy you can twist it 90 degrees, the bolt looks like it was milled by dragging it across a cinder block, and the whole thing feels loose.  I think there are better places to spend one's $700.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Will the Norinco furniture fit on an American-made rifle?  If so, does anybody have a set of it they might want to sell?  It looks goofy enough that I'd like to stick a set of it on one of my rifles just for laffs.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Their site says that the Norinco will take Colt parts.

A friend of mine bought one and is in the process of buying standard handguards, grip and stock......

I do not know if he is going to keep the old ones or sell them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Their site says that the Norinco will take Colt parts.

A friend of mine bought one and is in the process of buying standard handguards, grip and stock......

I do not know if he is going to keep the old ones or sell them.

If your friend wants to sell his Norinco furniture, let me know.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#42]
My Bushy is about to go back to the factory for the 3rd time and it has under 1000 rounds through it.I can't afford to keep paying shipping.I don't want to off it to some other poor soul so I will probable have BM give it a clean bill of health and trade it in on something else.Everyone 'raves' about BM but I must have got the 'bad one'.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#43]
500.00 canadian?
holy shit, isn't that like 14.95?

how about a poll here hunter?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
500.00 canadian?
holy shit, isn't that like 14.95?

how about a poll here hunter?

you think so......?
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT

CHECK THE HANDGUNS FORUM
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I will check if he is keeping it or selling it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#46]
$500 canadian is about $315 i think. damn i'd buy two for that price!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top