Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2002 7:15:42 PM EDT
I recently purchased a pre-ban Sendra lower from a member off the EE, and ordered a new BM M4A3 upper to mate to it.

I got the upper, and tried to fit it to the lower. I had to press them together quite firmly, and could only get the take-down pin in partially, not fully. Next I tossed the accu-wedge out, lubed the take-down and pivot, still could only get the tip and a fraction of it through the hole in the upper, but not out the other side. The pivot-pin mounts easily.

But being sure the two receivers fit now, being that I could get the pin started, I then just carefully tapped it home and through using a mallet and padding. Of course now I know I'll need the mallet and a punch to get them apart again.

My question is this: Am I being careless and stupid? Am I possibly forcing the issue too much? Maybe I need to have it fitted perhaps? It's nice and tight once in there, no play whatsoever, feels great! But I fear I'm placing undue stress upon the pin. Is this normal, does it just need to 'wear-in'?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Too tight is a lot better than loose. It will wear in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top