Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2002 1:49:31 PM EDT
Gents:
I have a chance to buy/trade for a Bushmaster DCM.
Heres the deal:
I have an Oly receiver with a Model 1 kit, 20" bbl., standard A2 post ban gun.  Shoots well, never any problems.  About 1000 rounds thru the gun.
He has a Bushmaster DCM, standard model, about 500 rounds thru the gun.  He says that it fails to feed from time to time.  I knew of the problems long before we discussed the trade.

I give him my gun and $500.00, this seems like a good deal to me.  What do you guys think.
Is the FTF problem something that Bushmaster will fix? He uses the Bushmaster mags that came with the gun.  I will user my Colt 20 rounder's.
Thanks
Bill
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you plan to competively shoot, I would not trade for the Bushmaster DCM.  Heck for 200 dollars more buy a postban model you like.

DCM rifles are nice, but the added weight just doesn't make sense if you are not in competition shooting.

The Marine competition M16 rifles are heavy suckers.  Do you really think you need a 15-20lb rifle?

Save your money and build what you want.

Just my .02

Max
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is the FTF problem something that Bushmaster will fix?

This has been a common problem in the last 2 years - tight chambers.  They told a bunch of our guys who had the same problem to shoot 1K rounds and if there is still a problem they would look at it.  It seems that after 1K rounds the chamber wears in and the problem goes away.  Not the best way to fix the problem, but it will likely fix over time.

mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top