Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2002 7:48:45 AM EDT
Well I've finally saved up enough money to get a Creedmore coat for Service Rifle...I just have one tiny question on CHEST SIZE.

I've decided on a Tapered Heavy Creedmore coat, but I'm still trying to determine what chest size I need.  Let me explain:  I measure right now a 43" chest, relaxed at the widest point.  Were this the end-all to my measuring, I'd go ahead and order a 44" right now.  But I have two other factors to take into consideration:

1.) Between August and April '03, I'll be in TX for Air Force basic/technical training.  Suffice to say, I'll probably lose about 15 pounds of body fat in the process.  How will this weight loss affect my size?  Will I lose a modest amount of area around my chest and/or underarms?

2.) I'm a fairly developed guy, but not so much on the chest.  At 200lb with a 230lb bench, I plan on putting a good bit more mass on my pecs when I get back in April.  But how much of this strength training relates to an increase in sheer INCHES?  After hitting the gym again for a few months, am I looking at a 1-2" gain, or possibly more??

Anyone who knows me knows I am very ..."thrifty"
I'm putting down about $250 into this, so if I get the size wrong I'm out a good bit of money.  So what's the verdict - 34" or 36"??

Will supply pictures of my pasty white chest on request.  Viewer discretion is advised
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#1]
There is typically a couple-three inches of adjustment in the coat so if you lose a bit of bulk or gain a bit of bulk it can adjust to suit.

Call Creedmore and find out how they size their coats.  Is their states size measured with the coat buckles fully synched down or fully let out? Right in the middle?  Do they assume that you are wearing the Marine Corps standard 2 sweatshirts under the jacket or just a t-shirt?

Creedmore can and will help you choose the correct size.  BTW, expect to wait a while for your jacket, they are made to order, or at least they were.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one of their hardback coats, but not the tapered one (should have). I measured just under 42 in a t-shirt. Even with a sweat shirt on I can cinch my buckles all the way up and it's still a tad loose. There is a lot of adjustment to loosen the straps, but only so much to tighten. If I were you I'd go with the 42. You can always wear a second sweat shirt.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Jewbroni - I have a tapered hardback size 38.  I have a 39" chest.  I stopped by their shop to try on a few.  They first recommended a 36, and when I tried it on with a sweatshirt, it was so tight that I couldn't lift my arms up.  With the 38, It fits snug, and that is with all of the straps pulled all the way to the end.  I say get one that is one to two inches smaller - to the nearest even number.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, well I'm probably 44" with a T-shirt and Sweatshirt under it, and I plan to bulk up a bit more with that.

So by the tally, it looks like a 44" is better, because I can still loosen it up if I add bulk.  Any other opinions?  I called Creedmore, and it was either a 42" or 44".  It might be a little loose at first, but maybe in a few months it'll come to fit just fine.  Knowing me, I tend to put on more inches (good and bad) than lose them

I appreciate all the input so far, thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top