Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2002 7:39:41 PM EDT
Does anyone have any info on this 1911 style handgun.  The price is cheap, but is it a quality gun?  I am looking for a low-budget m1911 and this gun kinda fits the bill.  Any comments or ideas?  Thanks -Charlie
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have only seen and handled one example at a gun shop, and it appeared to be very well made; machine work, fit and finish, etc. I would love to have one, but can't afford it (thanks, "Uncle").
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you mean Rock River Arms or Springfield Armory, Inc.? You asked the very same question in your other thread. There is no "Rock Island Arms."
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Jim_Dandy- look in any Shotgun News since last summer, there is indeed a "Rock Island Arms".
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, you beat me to it.  Yes there is a Rock Island Arms .45, and I think I will have one for myself within a week or two.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 3:35:40 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I remember in the article, they sent the gun in for some "minor" upgrades before testing the gun.
But they did say that it was a decent gun as far as machining out of the box. From the pics, it looked a little rough around the slide stop detent, but they didn't test it right out of the box for accuracy and reliability.
And they are called Rock Island Armory.
SARCO www.sarcoinc.com carries them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Rock Island Armory and Charles Daley 1911s are made by Armscorp in the Phillippines.  They are made from castings not forged.  Budget priced guns make good entry level guns but would recommend Kimber, Colt or SA for a serious defense/carry weapon.

Deuce01

Edited per SGB's correction.  Thanks SGB!
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Rock Island Armory and Charles Daley 1911s are made by Armscorp in the Phillippines.  They are made from castings not forged.  Budget priced guns make good entry level guns but would recommend Kimber, Colt or SA for a serious defense/carry weapon.

Deuce01

handguns.ar15.com

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top