Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2002 1:30:34 AM EDT
I ran across a pistol I actually really liked the other day at a local gun store. It was an ASAI (Advanced Small Arms Institute) One Pro .45
It was imported by Magnum research. The pistol seemed pretty sweet, but I couldn't find much info on it anywhere. It's Swiss, it is single/double and the trigger felt better than any factory trigger I've ever felt. Well I finally found at least a "book value" for it in a spring 2002 price guide in  Guns annual. The gun store wanted $550 and guns annual had it priced at $209-$279? That's lower than they quote a friggin Lorcin for gods sake....
So
I'm wondering if it's an error or if this is really just a terrible gun. Like I said it seemed VERY nice I found a pretty positive brief review of it at security arms. Not sure what to do. Please take a look at security arms and let me know what you think. If you have first hand knowledge that's even better.
here's a link:

securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1600/1624.htm
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 1:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
If you like that, maybe you would like this:

It is STILL in production, has a WARRANTY, has parts READILY available and..........

It is available in 45ACP TOO!!!!

It seems almost identical to the One Pro .45 doesn't it?????

Check out the specs (see link below) AND notice the single action trigger pull.

www.sigarms.com/products/classicfullsize-models.asp?product_id=40&product_name=P220#

After looking at it, I kinda want one... but i'll pass for now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:02:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:35:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be wary about anything IMI made.  They just never made much work right.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are going to put out that kind of cash, you might considering going with the sig,or usp.  I might be misquoting but i think it was the bee-keeper that said having paid a little more for quality some times took several months to get over, but years later the quality allways won out!    bob cole  ain't no bad guns with exception of lorinc,jennings,bryco,raven,and all the ones you didn't buy! (know i left some out,but you wouln't want one anyway)
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I'm gonna skip that pistol unless he wants to come down to the $250 range. I found a SIG 229 in .357 sig for $550. There just aint any way I'm paying $550 for it when I can grab a sig for the same price. I appreciate all the help fellas.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:39:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Get a 1911.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you like that, maybe you would like this:

It is STILL in production, has a WARRANTY, has parts READILY available and..........

It is available in 45ACP TOO!!!!

It seems almost identical to the One Pro .45 doesn't it?????

Check out the specs (see link below) AND notice the single action trigger pull.

www.sigarms.com/products/classicfullsize-models.asp?product_id=40&product_name=P220#

After looking at it, I kinda want one... but i'll pass for now.

Dang, that's a BIG SIG!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I was looking at the ASAI pistol too in 1998.  It had two very favorable write ups in G&A and the American Rifleman, particularly in the trigger quality department.  I was also interested in it b/c it basically looked like a CZ clone adapted to .45 and because the Swiss generally have a good reputation for manufacturing quality.

I don't have any practical experience with the OnePro.  I wound up with an HK product, and feel that this was the right choice given the options.

But I think that $280 for a .45 DA pistol of purportedly high quality is a great deal if it fits you.  If you are at all a gambling man, I go for it and give us a report!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top