Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2002 8:06:28 AM EDT
I have the ambi selector in hand from Bushmaster.  This is my first AR15.  Can I do this myself or do I need some help?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:11:59 AM EDT
[#1]
if you have to ask, son, you need some help.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#2]
it sounds like your inexperienced in gunsmithing so may be a fun project for you.

get good tools.  gunsmith quality screwdrivers.  brass punches and long allen wrenches.  

look at how the parts (selector, trigger, etc. fit together.  draw pictures of the parts and their relationships to one another.  pay close attention to the springs and how they are installed and located.  when you have sketches and the operation "set" in your mind you can take the fire control system apart.  

pull off the pistol grip.  
punch out the pins and pull out all the little parts.  

install the ambi selector.
put the trigger and hammer back in making sure the springs go in the same way the drawings show.
test dry fire to confirm the selector functions.

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:01:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, 308.  Sounds like the rest of my gunsmithing....
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.bushmaster.com/faqs/upper-lowerfaqs.asp#6
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Got 'er done, 308wood.  Thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top