Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2002 1:29:44 PM EDT
I took a bunch of people shooting yesterday and consequently my AR saw a lot of usage.  I had mags filled with a mix of American Eagle and Wolf.  I'm trying to use up the wolf cause I hate it.  Sure enough the case from one of the Wolf rnds glued it's self into the chamber and I had to beat it out with a cleaning rod!  The gun was very hot, but the American Eagle ammo that I was using after that ran flawlessly.

I do not have this problem with Wolf ammo on any other gun and I don't have this problem with my AR with any other ammo.

I had my brother try a mag full of wolf in his Eagle Arms AR while it was hot and sure enough, he got a case glued into his chamber as well!

Fair warning, if you shoot wolf you had better keep the gun nice and cool!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Been there done that.....

When I first got my AR ( OLY ) I bought a bunch of wolf because it was cheap..

30 rounds later FTE!!

Rammed it out with rod....FTE..FTE!!

It works well in my AK and K2 but I do not think I will be buying anymore.  What good is ammo that only functions in 2 of 3 guns for that caliber.

Oh about a month later at a 3 gun match I met a guy using Wolf ammo in his Colt.  He said that he had run about 200 rounds of it through his gun with no problems......................

Naturaly after 4 rounds of the match...FTE FTE FTE!!! LOL!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Oly's have tight chambers.  My Oly was the ONLY rifle upper I have ever had this happen on.

What was the upper on the EA?

I have never had any issues whatsoever with a NATo cut chrome lined chamber.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Oly's have tight chambers.  My Oly was the ONLY rifle upper I have ever had this happen on.

What was the upper on the EA?

I have never had any issues whatsoever with a NATo cut chrome lined chamber.

I don't have the slightest idea what my brother's upper is.  It has no markings of any kind.

mine is a Martin Merrietta upper and a Bushy bbl that is marked 5.56.

After so many here saying that they don't have any problems I thought I'd try it again.  Keep in mind, Both of these guns were HOT.  To the point of needing gloves to comfortably shoot.

No more Wolf or any laquered ammo for me!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Please send the wolf too me! I would love too take it off your hands. maybe we can work out a deal.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Please send the wolf too me! I would love too take it off your hands. maybe we can work out a deal.

Too late!  I gave the last 300 rnds to my brother.  Works just fine in his Mini-14.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Top Top