Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2002 10:21:01 AM EDT
Yep, gettin' older, all the way up to 34 years really old.

My lovely wife has told me that I can have $500 towards whatever I want, and whatver I want is to build an M4gery. I am quite handy but do not want to mill or machine anything, I would rather buy parts and kits to build my own M4 clone.This will be a shooter/truck gun, not something to sit and look at.

Would someone here help me out with opinions on good quality parts and kits and possibly a website or two that may be good for parts and information? Much thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 10:32:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Truck gun M4?

Sounds like a job for Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Truck gun M4?

Sounds like a job for Bushmaster.

Or Rock River Arms.

You can't have a true M4gery as that would require a CAR stock and a pre-ban lower which would run more than $500 alone.

FWIW, I'm dubious as to whether you can get in under budget even with a post-ban parts gun. Maybe the wife will let you squeak out a little more. If you go with some of the non-name brand parts you might be able to do it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 4:34:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I was going to say, spend the $500 on a hooker as a birthday present to yourself, but your wife may not appreciate it.

Another suggestion is to first purchase a video from AGI:

http://www.americangunsmith.com/

The video is called:

Build The AR-15
Have you ever wanted to build a Legal AR-15 from a Kit?

It had some good information and if I recall correctly it talks about which kits require the least amount of machining.

Cheers and happy birthday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top