Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2002 5:15:45 PM EDT
What would happen too you if you got caught with an illegally modified one and had no class 3?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends:

If you are Sara Bradey you could write a book and tell the whole world - and there would be no repercussions.

Otherwise, they will come to you house, surround it, shoot your wife in the head and put you in prision.

ps - interesting post for a guy with 2 posts under his belt.

Ya'll wouldn't be one ah dem guberment types trollin' and lookin' fer "shit it don't make no diffrance... do it any way" type of a responses would you? Nah, the guberment would never wanna check up on us common (read not of Sara's class) folks.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard of a case where a person was convicted even though they didn't know it was a full auto.  The standard which was applied was whether they knew it was a gun,  since they did know that, the violations stuck. It was probably left by a deceased family member. This is a case where a unknowing person with no intent was sentenced to several years. Now when you are talking modified, with intent, etc. you can add years in five and ten year increments.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe I am a frequent member who doesn't want to use his real email/username to ask the question. I can't really see a reason for a LEO to ask a question like this answering questions is not breaking any laws.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Maybe I am a frequent member who doesn't want to use his real email/username to ask the question. I can't really see a reason for a LEO to ask a question like this answering questions is not breaking any laws.

Maybe it is kind of a rube question.

Most folks are a bit leary of those with low post counts asking sensitive questions.

Most people who value their freedom (ie don't wanna to the grey bar motel) don't get thier legal advice from a forum.

Most folks with half a clue aren't gonna give you anything that seem like legal advice either.

If you really are a current member under a different name - you seem to have a short memory. One of the New York contingent has been battling big bro. on a bullshit charge for months now.

So in review - WTF are thinking asking this question?

You want the answer for cheap? Visit your local law library and research case law.

This is a bs fishing expedition that many of us dont like. It give the appearance to a passer by of the this site that some here may condone such behavior or even have knowledge of it. Otherwise it just gives the impression that we are being watched.

Either way - drop the issue. Go away.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]
What SIX said...

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.  (Email the BATF your question.)
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I most seriously doubt it!!!
If that were the case, & after seeing your troll-like post, Goatboy would have sent you an email asking you why you were doing this & more than likely telling you that he was shit canning your halberto45 account.

Yes he is THAT GOOD!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I would say "Hey, this is Canada, not the USA, no class 3."

But thats just me...
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I beleive the penalty is $250,000 and 10 years.  Common sense ought to tell you what will happen.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What would happen too you if you got caught with an illegally modified one and had no class 3?

If you are Bill Clinton they slap you in your face, if you are anyone else they shoot and kill your whole family and burn your house down and say that you tried to shoot them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to have the same dumbass idea that the low post counters with the FA questions were agents. They Are! But the ones with the really high counts are too! They've been watching this site and collecting info since it began. If you have something to fear, don't log in.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#12]
if you get caught, dont drop the soap when you get in the slammer!        
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
if you get caught, dont drop the soap when you get in the slammer!        

On that note, it would probably be a good idea to save all your butter from chow time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:13:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Mcuzi?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:52:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Hey, nice knowing you.

Enjoy your new career as a license plate maker...

Tell your "boyfriend" not to go hard on you the first 5...
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Depends:

Otherwise, they will come to you house, surround it, shoot your wife in the head and put you in prision.

don't forget also shoot your dog, shoot your kids and burn your house down with anyone left inside.
then they put YOU in prison for breaking the law..
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Since when did asking a simple question become so tabboo? I see nothing in the first post that shows intent of a criminal act. Was it goofy? Hell yes! Could it be answered in a professional and accurate manner? Hell yes!

It all depends. One court case a guy won when his AR15 had full auto parts and he never knew about it. There was no intent to have an F/A. Another guy in CA very recently was busted with a bunch of F/A's but he only collected them and had no violent criminal intent and he only got probation (and lost all of his firearms and lot's of them). Then there's the Weavers and others that got their asses reamed for the smallest violations.

You will never know is the only 100% solid answer to your question. I wouldn't recommend taking any chances. It's too easy to get into trouble these days when it comes to firearms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top