Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2002 4:44:46 PM EDT
I live in an AR-15 friendly state and am planning on visiting some friends and family in california. Would it be illegal for me since I happen to live in another state to bring my Ar-15 with me to go shooting? Does the assualt weapons ban in california ban all assault weapons or is there like a grandfather clause in which say you owned one pryer to a certain date you would be legal to own one? What are the laws concering such things in california? Does anybody know what the california penal code reference to such laws are?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
3 minute man you would be looking for trouble all assualt weapons in ca had too be registered before a certain type and your not allowed to bring one into the state.
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
The only exception I'm aware of is if you are bringing one in for the purpose of using it in a competition. You and the gun come in, compete, and leave. This actually  give out of state residents rights the residents don't have.

What part of california will you be visiting?
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2002 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top