Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2002 12:36:31 PM EDT
I am looking for the old style M-16 A1 upper without the brass deflector and with the cutout for the auto sear. It should be in very good to excellent shape. Stripped or complete is OK. Anyone have one they don't need?

RATS
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
A cut out on the upper for an auto sear?????
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:09:22 AM EDT
[#2]
The cut out is an area, actually a machined out area, is a oval that is located at the back end of the upper on the mating surface to the lower receiver. The sides of the auto sear on the M-16 protudes above the edge of the lower receiver about a 64th of an inch so the old style AR-15 A1 receiver without the cutout jams the auto sear.    
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#3]
i have a upper with A1 barrel, a1 sights, im not sure on teh brass deflector, and dosnt have triangle handguards. its a PWA
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Matt

The brass deflector is a part of the casting on the upper. It is a triangular shape that sticks out about 3/4 of an inch directly behind the ejector port. Does your upper have this?

Rats  
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#5]
nope, not there. i forgot to mention. this IS a preban with bayo lug and A1 style birdcage.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Matt

Next look at the bottom of the upper where it mates to the lower. Just in front of the block that the back take down pin goes, the opening has a machined oval shape relief about 1/8 inch deep then the opening continues as a rectangular opening to the mag well. ???

Rats
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
hey, im not sure what your lookin for there, but i took some pics. i will gladly email them to you.
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]

note: the finish is good, the parts that might look a bit iffy just have some clp on them. this shoots good, i killed a skunk with it today
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Matt

Thats the UPPER I was looking for. Email me at [email protected]. Price?

Rats
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top