Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2002 1:03:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Raf, I priced one of these for my cousin Saturday. The dealer quoted a price of, I believe, $837+tax for the full-length model and $887+tax for the carbine. How do these prices compare to other dealers? Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
The carbine was roughly $850.00 dealer cost about 3 months ago - plus shipping.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Dealer cost (not incl S&H):

Rifle (STG-58A) = $795

Carbine (STG-58C) = $845

You got a SUPER deal.  Most charge $25 or so for shipping and another $25+ for the paperwork.

I believe that retail is almost $1000 now.

Bought a carbine myself, and I couldn't be happier.

Couse, the guy shooting beside me was a bit miffed after the first round through the abbreviated barrel with muzzle brake dusted him off!
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#5]
raf,

I would like to make some alternate suggestions to your Random Thoughts:

1.) Dont just 'get by' with a USGI sling. Get a good Tactical Sling. They keep your weapon at ready, and take the weight out of your hands. You can even use them like a conventional sling.

2.) The AR 3-mag pouches are just a little too tall. M-14 mag pouches are truely perfect, and common, work with ALICE clips, and are cheap. They also have the grenade side pouches. The Canadians also make an outstanding pouch.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]
M4, I'd be tempted to buy two for the prices quoted, one for now and one to stash away.  They're selling like hotcakes around here @ $900 for full length.  Carbines are hard to find.

I agree 100% with the comments regarding the Belgian hooded rear sight, but personally I really like the look and feel of the krinkle finished steel handguards.  Heat hasn't been a problem for me.  GREAT idea on the mag pouches!  Wish I'd thought to try that before buying some SA ones that don't have alice clips.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top