Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2002 12:36:21 PM EDT
El Halcon De La Sierra En Vivo

I got my monthly list of new CD releases and came across this selection in the Latin category.  It looks like he is holding an AR.  Are they even legal in any Latin countries?  My Spanish is not so good.

album.yahoo.com/shop?d=ha&id=1807812563&clink=dmmu.ks/halcon
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks like my cousin...j/k
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I spent a month in Mexico two years ago and had no trouble staying 'current' with my shooting skills. For a nominal fee (say, ten or so bills US on the desk of the head LEO) I was provided with a permit (he called it a writ of exemption), directions to where I could go shoot with out being harassed, and the names of several people who would 'rent' me some toys to play with as well as some ammo. For another $750 I managed a machine pistol and 200 rounds. I had my choice of a selection of weapons, some of which I've never seen in person. One guy even claimed to have a G11 but no ammo (I'd guess casless 4.7mm is kinda hard to find in mexico...<sarcasm>). Given the Latino male's sence of bravado and braggadocio, I'd take his claim with a little skepticism.

Was it all legal? Most likely not. Was I alone when I went shooting? Does anyone remember the IRA training camp in the Libyan desert in "Patriot Games" ? (thats a no) Did I see any AR's down there? Yeah, but most were M-16s.

Just remember, we here in the US are particularly 'prudish' when it comes to obeying laws, especially in comparison to our South American brethern.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top