Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2002 9:56:44 AM EDT
having to register it? Before I thought that the fram had to be registered, but in shotgun new the other day(I think it was shotgun news) there was an add for "1911 frames, no FFL needed." I always thought that it was the frame you were not able to get ahold of when it come to handguns and the recievers when it comes to rifles.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Those frames are not finished, look closely and you will see that they are %80 machined but need holed drilled and more machining steps needed that I am not familiar with.  I don't know the rules on completeing one yourself either though I assume you would need some class of ffl to do it so you can register it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#2]
It would have to be an unfinished frame.  Less than 80% complete is not a "firearm".  It will also depend on your state laws.  Take a look at some of the unfinished frames on William Snelling's site www.tanneryshop.com Hit the "products" icon.  He does mostly AR, 1911 and a few Sig pistol frames & slides.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top