Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2002 5:08:20 AM EDT
I am wanting to get my hands on a CMP Garand, but I have not been able to find any affiliated clubs in the south metro area.  I have checked the CMP website for a list of clubs, but can't find phone numbers for them in the phone book.  I have checked with several local ranges, but the only clubs they know of are through VFW's, which I don't qualify for, since I was not in the military.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Brad, I've done the same thing. The only CMP affiliated range I know of for sure is the Oakdale gun club, which is on the other side of town from me, and their waiting list is over a year long. BTW, I live in the southern metro also. The Minneapolis/metro area definitly is not gun friendly. Let me know if you find a CMP range. I'll do the same.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info Mach1.  I will keep on looking.  There HAS to be some other CMP affiliated clubs in our area.

I have a CAI Garand, but I am really wanting to get my hands on a USGI rifle.  I hate to have to pay the $800 for one at a gunshow, though.

Brad
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I want a Garand, myself. If we keep this topic on top of the page, we might get lucky and have someone in our area help us out.

Later...
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Contact the Richfield American Legion.  They have a range south of Burnesville where I'm told they do CMP.

You don't need to have served in the armed forces to join, but your father or grand father must have.
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 4:33:57 AM EDT
[#5]
All right.  I'll try the Richfield American Legion.  My father was in the reserves.  Hopefully that will count.  If not, I'll have to keep looking.

Thanks,

Brad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top