Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2002 7:57:44 PM EDT

M-16 rifles are put on display at the police headquarters in Santiago, March 7, 2002. Police found rifles, grenades and rocket launchers buried in the backyard of a house in a suburb of Santiago. The police think that the arsenal could belong to the Chilean guerrilla group Patriotic Front Manuel Rodriguez (FPMR), which tried to kill former Chilean leader Augusto Pinochet in 1986. Mauricio Hernandez Norambuena, a leader of the group, is currently under trial in Brazil for the kidnapping of Brazilian millionaire Washington Olivetto. REUTERS/Martin Thomas
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:02:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm getting out my metal detector and mag light now and I'm gonna run through my backyard real quick, just to make sure!  

Damn, thats a nice find!
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Since it's in Chile, and not the US, they'll probably check out those rifles, change out what needs changing out, and put them in service with the Chilean army...or sell them to civilians "as is".  

If it were here in the States, they'd be fed to a bandsaw.  [>Q]

Anyone want to take a trip to Chile with a wad of cash and see what kind of wheeling and dealing they'll do?  

CJ
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]

A Chilean police man shows a rifle at the police headquarters in Santiago, March 7, 2002. Police found hundreds of rifles, grenades and rocket launchers buried in the backyard of a house in a suburb of Santiago. The police think that the arsenal could belong to the Chilean guerrilla group Patriotic Front Manuel Rodriguez (FPMR), which attempted to kill former Chilean leader Augusto Pinochet in 1986. Mauricio Hernandez Norambuena, a leader of the group, is currently under trial in Brazil for the kidnapping of Brazilian millionaire Washington Olivetto. REUTERS/Martin Thomas

Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I saw a few M-79s with HE rounds.

You are right that this an arsenal.

If you do make some purchases down south good luck getting them home.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#5]
That is NOT an ARSENAL, anymore than we live in a Democracy. An arsenal is where weapons are manufactured.
Buried in the back yard, it was a CACHE.  The building they moved it to became an ARMORY.

And I thought the media was annoying in its misuse of the American language...
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Just kind of looks like a good gunshow, just missing the tables and the ammo.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope, they have ammo. too.

Lower Right of last picture are boxes of ammuntion. Lower Left of last picture are battlepacks of ammuntion.

Then again, If a gun show in Florida had this good of guns, they wouldn't need tables to sell them. They'd be sold out before the show began.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#8]
MMMM...  Mark want......
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#9]
How the hell did they find them buried in the yard?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 4:34:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 4:51:04 AM EDT
[#11]
You think that is a big find...you should check my bac.......

UMMM....disregard that last statement...

I was just going to say..wow!

medcop
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:06:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Now that they have found these......Are they going to put them up on Ebay soon?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#13]
ar·se·nal   Pronunciation Key  (ärs-nl)
n.
1. A governmental establishment for the storing, development, manufacturing, testing, or repairing of arms, ammunition, and other war materiel.
2. A stock of weapons.
3. A store or supply: an arsenal of retorts.
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

the next time the local paper reports the police confiscating an arsenal of 2 10/22s and a brick of ammo, send them the above pix

dZ
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Since it's in Chile, and not the US, they'll probably check out those rifles, change out what needs changing out, and put them in service with the Chilean army...or sell them to civilians "as is".  

If it were here in the States, they'd be fed to a bandsaw.  [>Q]

Anyone want to take a trip to Chile with a wad of cash and see what kind of wheeling and dealing they'll do?   hr

Let's roll!  to Chile that is!  I bet 100 american dollars would buy you a M-16.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I wonder when TAPCO will offer them for sale?
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#16]
What?!?! No Mini-14's?!?!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#17]
..and I thought this was gonna be about Imbroglio !
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Nope, they have ammo. too.

Lower Right of last picture are boxes of ammuntion. Lower Left of last picture are battlepacks of ammuntion.

Then again, If a gun show in Florida had this good of guns, they wouldn't need tables to sell them. They'd be sold out before the show began.

Quoted:

I don't see ANY Beef Jerky!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#19]
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I get the front seat!
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I am not going if green furniture is driving.  I used to have a 911 and I had to go to the range buy myself to make room for my rifle.  I'll go if we take an Excursion.

Jay
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I see some RPGs and grenade launchers there. I'm just glad they didn't kill Pinochet. Pinochet was a good guy. He killed off a lot of leftists and communists that tried to use force to confiscate private property.

Isn't interesting that leftists tend to resort to violence with GUNS when it comes to getting what they want, while they demand from all of us to disarm?

themao
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#24]
......Police officials also noted that these weapons were extreamly dangerous because almost all had Flash supression devices and bayonet killing devices attached......

One official was quoted "and we thought gun control was really working"......"Now we find that people are just hideing them..."
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
......Police officials also noted that these weapons were extreamly dangerous because almost all had Flash supression devices and bayonet killing devices attached......

One official was quoted "and we thought gun control was really working"......"Now we find that people are just hideing them..."

The Government really must be living in a dream...
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Who is driving first?

I'll share the driving duties, gas money, beer money, whatever!  Maybe we should make it a convoy.  1st stop Texas, 2nd stop Chile, 3rd stop BRC...
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#27]
You know, I just thought of something. We ought to all travel down there and take all of our money. We could then raise an army (or buy the army) and take over the entire country. Of course, by naming rights, I would be themao, and I would put Pinochet back in power. Then, Chile would be the leading right wing nation in the western hemisphere. We could have no gun laws, no taxes (only say road or a small sales tax to maintain an army) and private banking.

Boy, this brings tears to my eye [>(]

themao
Link Posted: 3/9/2002 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll second that motion any day. I have always wanted to establish my own country with no gun laws, true capitalism not inhibited by needless regulations, no taxes becuase the government can actually turn a profit by renting out miitary ranges, assembling parts kits, etc...and doesn't waste money giving a check to every person who sneaks over the border or is a minority.

Quoted:
You know, I just thought of something. We ought to all travel down there and take all of our money. We could then raise an army (or buy the army) and take over the entire country. Of course, by naming rights, I would be themao, and I would put Pinochet back in power. Then, Chile would be the leading right wing nation in the western hemisphere. We could have no gun laws, no taxes (only say road or a small sales tax to maintain an army) and private banking.

Boy, this brings tears to my eye [>(]

themao

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top