Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2019 10:19:30 PM EDT
Hey folks,

Currently between jobs but wanting to dye sand PMAGS I tried to dye PMAGS with household materials. I couldn't find any other posts of this nature with level one Google-Fu so I decided to write my own post.

I'm not a pro member so I'm leaving the Imgur link here.

Banana Mag (and Using Household Materials to Dye Sand PMAGs)

I figure there's gotta be at least one crazy Yahoo out there that wants to try the same thing. Especially on Arfcom.

Edit: Changed link
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I just get 3 boxes of powder rite dye and simmer water. Put whatever in it for 20 minutes and presto. they cost $2.99 each for the dye at walmart
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Totally. I really just wanted to experiment and see what else worked.

Turmeric is pretty cheap!
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link went to empty redit page when I clicked. Dying sand Pmags is easy and there are posts on here and it’s tips.

Use Rit dye and just about any color is possible.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#4]
May not turn out the color you want. I dyed a P80 with gray dye and it turned a dark purple. I really liked that better.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Link went to empty redit page when I clicked. Dying sand Pmags is easy and there are posts on here and it’s tips.

Use Rit dye and just about any color is possible.
View Quote
Link fixed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#6]
That dye job was old school using what was around. Wouldn’t have tried it myself without some Rit. Turned out pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That dye job was old school using what was around. Wouldn’t have tried it myself without some Rit. Turned out pretty good.
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Pretty neat, I just dyed a bunch myself but used rit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Hm.  I could have sworn we had a massive thread in the ar15 > magazines forum regarding dying mags.  Looks like you got the results you were aiming for!
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Silly question..can I do anything with black magazines? Like, can I dye black mags pink?
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Silly question..can I do anything with black magazines? Like, can I dye black mags pink?
View Quote
I don't think so but I think there might be a thread somewhere about using RIT color remover to lighten mags though I think he started with a dyed sand PMAG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top