Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2018 1:02:44 AM EDT
I just opened a new bottle of H series paint and it is much thicker than I'm used to.  Thick enough it won't even flow through the filter.  Maybe it sat on a stockroom shelf for a long time before I got hold of it; at any rate, there is no way I'm going to put this on a gun as-is.

I can't find any mention of a reducer you can buy from them.  I haven't called them yet but I'm getting the impression they don't sell it.

Anyone have any tips (MEK)?   Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Called Cerakote and they want the lot number.  I guess they may try to blame it on a bad lot, but I sure would like to know what I could use to thin out this stuff.   I may do some experimentation to see if I get results I can live with.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd be concerned that thinning will affect adhesion.  Sounds like there's something wrong with that batch.  Let Cerakote replace it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top