Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2007 9:12:28 AM EDT
Thought I'd pass along what I think is a good deal.I've been looking for a sandblaster to do some norrels.I bought the little crappy one before and it worked but didn't have enough capacity,and others were either too expensive or took too many cfm's for my compressor.I just happened to stop by harbor freight today and they had a small one  (not the tiny handheld one) on sale for 20 bucks,I was skeptical as H.F. does sell alot of crap,took it home and man ol man does it work great and a small jobsite comp can run it fine.the item #37025.just thought if you was in the market for one this would be the one.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2007 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I just tried to do an online search, and couldn't find that item.  Guess it isn't available online.
How is this one different from their other cheapos?  About a month ago, I ordered one of their $15 blasters .... one with a purple 'hopper' on it.  This the one you had before?
What do you like about this new one?
Link Posted: 1/18/2007 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a HF bench top cabinet and it has been kinda hit or miss.  I spent about a hundred dollars on the deal but I think I've had to put 50 more in it and a bunch of time.  The time is what really drives my nuts.  It seems like every time I sit down to use it something breaks or is coming apart and requires repair.  I thin k next time I will save up some cash and buy a nice one with a recovery system.  But, when the thing works, it works pretty darn well.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2007 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried the search and didn't find it.Maybe thats why it was on sale for 20 bucks.This one has a silver hopper on it and holds about 20lbs.The main thing I like about it is it actually worked and it only cost 20 bucks.Long term durability is yet to be determined though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2007 6:32:18 AM EDT
[#4]
What do you guys think about this one?...

Ideal for removing rust, paint and grime
Adjustable nozzle lets you control the flow of abrasive
87 to 145 PSI
1/4" NPT air inlet
Average air consumption: 3.2 CFM
Capacity: 1 liter (34 oz.)
ABS grip
Overall dimensions: 11" L x 2" diameter; Tool weight: 1.2 lbs
1 LITER ABRASIVE BLAST GUN - Habor Freight
For $16 I'm not expecting much but I just have a few projects to do and all I have is a small jobsite compressor.

I'm open to other suggestions, even if they cost more. I just want something that can do what I need, can run on my compressor and that I won't spend more time fighting with then using?
Link Posted: 1/25/2007 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, here's a picture of the sandblaster ws4a mentioned:

I use the purple top one, Harbor Freight #ITEM 45998-2VGA, shown here:

Overall, it's not too bad, but it's hard keeping the hopper full, and the air consumption is rated at like 7 SCFM (huge nozzle) vice the 1.7 CFM like this one (ITEM 93221-2VGA).

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:32:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Bumping for all the good info within.  Thanks.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Got mine at Tractor Supply last year for $112. Works good, although the blast material can get clogged up sometimes, or I need to change it more often . . .

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Got mine at Tractor Supply last year for $112. Works good, although the blast material can get clogged up sometimes, or I need to change it more often . . .

www.mytscstore.com/images/productImages/prod_600_by_600/3951103.jpg

Something like that would be nice but I'm sure it needs a pretty decent sized compressor?

Do you know off hand how many CFM's it needs and what it's interior dimensions are? I'm curious how long of a part I could get in it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top