Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 6:21:02 PM EDT
Thinking of Duracoat-ing on my shotty. What prep is needed on the express reciever, besides a good degreasing? Is the tans as good as the black colors in durablity?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:23:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I just degreased my 870 express and then sprayed it with Norrel's OD.  It looks great.  I've been told by some others that Norrel's Tan doesn't hold up as good as their OD and Black.

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thinking of Duracoat-ing on my shotty. What prep is needed on the express reciever, besides a good degreasing? Is the tans as good as the black colors in durablity?

Tan uses a pigment which is a little less durable than their other colors.  If your weapon is parkerized, degrease and spray over the park. If its blued, you will want to blast first.

Is the flat black, factory finish, considered blue?
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Hello Stickman

Just wanted to ask the refinishing guru a ?

I just aquired a Remington 5R yesterday at GB.com and Im planning to refinish it.

The stock is gonna be easy to do.

I figure I just remove it and prep it like I did my AR component's a few months back after I follow the R+D Precision DIY instruction's for texturing the stock were neede 1st.

But the action is what I have aquestion on.

Some people(GotM4,etc) tell me to have the finish bead blasted so whatever I use adheres properly but when I contacted Lauer custom weaponry the owner steve siad I could also use sandpaper or a scotchbrite pad.

Have you ever heard of those methods for prepping stainless steel?

later and hope you and your people had a good holiday season.

Steve/kbi
arl,va
Top Top