Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2023 12:34:06 PM EDT
Hey all, how much degradation should be expected with NV use? The reason I ask, I picked up a set of used duals (likely very heavily used), and I am a bit surprised by the image. The tubes are filmless green phos with spec sheets, and they are a near perfect match to the specs on an L3 filmless white phos pvs-14 I have. The most obvious difference I see between the units relate to Halo. The duals bloom about 50% more than my 14 despite having identical Halo values. My lightly used 14 has a much cleaner image overall, which isn't particularly surprising to me. I've purchased surplus Omni units before, and I have seen how hard use can clutter an image with noise, clouding, and artifacts. But, the Halo result has me scratching my head.
Thanks all.
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top