Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2021 4:41:19 PM EDT
Has anyone installed the ipd stops on their DTNVS?

I ordered the stops to come installed from tnvc, but that got missed during assembly.
When I received the stops last week, it says to refer to DTNVS user manual for instructions; which TNVC does not provide. ~That’s the one thing I didn’t like about my DTNVS purchase, lack of any paperwork other than spec sheet(s). No  manual, warranty documents with inclusion, exclusions, dates, etc.. would just be nice to have a hard copy of those terms; especially if I ever sold them. Small rant over.

So anyone install the ipd stops that can provide some guidance?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Place the stops on the housing
Attachment Attached File

Run the 4 screws in and match them up with the backing plates you get
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

If you need more detail instructions just ask i can take mine off to show better.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Yea I guess thats better then my crappy pics
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Perfect, many thanks to all that responded
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Dtnvs housings don’t come with manuals.  Check the act website
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dtnvs housings don’t come with manuals.  Check the act website
View Quote

I did check their website before posting here. Odd that ACT references a manual though, no?
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I did check their website before posting here. Odd that ACT references a manual though, no?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/518498/1AA5D687-A1DF-4199-AC58-25F9022EBDFA-1900646.jpg
View Quote

https://actinblack.com/us/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/DTNVS_Manual_ENG_Rev1.2.pdf
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Cool, thanks. I didn’t see that link and still can’t find that link on their site, but it is useful. My post was answered and concluded before you decided to troll me, but if you’re that bored knock yourself out. Regardless, thanks for the link; perhaps retailers will provide that link on their product page it seems beneficial to purchasers.
Cheers
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Cool, thanks. I didn’t see that link and still can’t find that link on their site, but it is useful. My post was answered and concluded before you decided to troll me, but if you’re that bored knock yourself out. Regardless, thanks for the link; perhaps retailers will provide that link on their product page it seems beneficial to purchasers.
Cheers
View Quote

How is he “trolling” you? He literally sent you a link to exactly what you were complaining about not having. He didn’t make fun of you or say anything sarcastic.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How is he “trolling” you? He literally sent you a link to exactly what you were complaining about not having. He didn’t make fun of you or say anything sarcastic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheers

It was literally the first thing that came up when I googled “dtnvs manual” lol.  If I’m a troll then at least I’m a troll that can figure out how to do a basic internet search.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It was literally the first thing that came up when I googled “dtnvs manual” lol.  If I’m a troll then at least I’m a troll that can figure out how to do a basic internet search.
View Quote

How dare you give him what he asked for!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:02:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Thanks for the link.

I’m only a few weeks into my wait but I downloaded the manual from your link so I’ll be up to speed once they arrive.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:38:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Where can you get the IPD stops a la carte?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where can you get the IPD stops a la carte?
View Quote

I called TNVC and ordered them.  Took around 4-6 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I called TNVC and ordered them.  Took around 4-6 weeks.
View Quote

Debating if I actually need them currently. How much they set you back?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Debating if I actually need them currently. How much they set you back?
View Quote

I want to say 265
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I want to say 265
View Quote

Did your binos come from them as well?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I never use mine and they always need to be adjusted. They're cool but not 100% necessary.

I've been thinking of selling mine since I've taken it off my goggle.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I never use mine and they always need to be adjusted. They're cool but not 100% necessary.

I've been thinking of selling mine since I've taken it off my goggle.
View Quote

Are you saying that the IPD stops themselves always need to be adjusted?

If so, are the screws moving?

Is it only when putting helmet on?

Can you elaborate on what you don’t like about it?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are you saying that the IPD stops themselves always need to be adjusted?

If so, are the screws moving?

Is it only when putting helmet on?

Can you elaborate on what you don’t like about it?
View Quote

Yes, I mean when putting on my helmet. I dont clamp my helmet super tight to my head so if I run, negotiate any type of obstacles, hit a tree branch, shift my helmet in anyway to scratch my head or wipe off some sweat, the stops then need to be readjusted. So I just started leaving them mostly in so they stop close enough and then I adjust the tubes over my eyes. Then eventually I just took them off.

Maybe if your helmet is alot more tight and doesn't move alot the stops will work great once you set them.

On the other hand, they're just minor adjustments and it takes  30 seconds or so to mess with so its not the end of the world. But I've just found it to be easy enough to put the tubes over my eyes and not use the stops. Also the weight savings of removing them is very minimal.

Just my opinion though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
IPD stops aren't for everyone and it's definitely not required with the DTNVS but it's a nice feature IMHO. I've been using duals & goggles with IPD knobs/stops for a while however.  

The same thing Wissota4 mentioned can happen with fixed bridge goggles (Anvis 6/9, Sentinels, RNVG, etc.) if the helmet is loose. The easiest fix in my experience is to shift/move your helmet back to where it should be

Wissota4, which helmet and retention system are you using?

View Quote

I use the revision caiman bump (now Galvion) and their standard retention system. If I crank the dial top far the band starts to dig into the sides of my head. Big improvement still over an ACH. Lol
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Did your binos come from them as well?
View Quote

I ordered from Ultimate NV.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes, I mean when putting on my helmet. I dont clamp my helmet super tight to my head so if I run, negotiate any type of obstacles, hit a tree branch, shift my helmet in anyway to scratch my head or wipe off some sweat, the stops then need to be readjusted. So I just started leaving them mostly in so they stop close enough and then I adjust the tubes over my eyes. Then eventually I just took them off.

Maybe if your helmet is alot more tight and doesn't move alot the stops will work great once you set them.

On the other hand, they're just minor adjustments and it takes  30 seconds or so to mess with so its not the end of the world. But I've just found it to be easy enough to put the tubes over my eyes and not use the stops. Also the weight savings of removing them is very minimal.

Just my opinion though.
View Quote

I think I'll hold off, just one more thing to adjust and I dont really find it taking any extra time to find the "G-spot" without them currently
Thanks for the feedback!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top